The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice 6.1.1, targeted at early adopters, technology enthusiasts and power users, which provides over 120 bug and regression fixes for the recently announced LibreOffice 6.1.
LibreOffice users can benefit from some of the interesting new features introduced in August:
- Colibre, the new icon theme for Windows based on Microsoft’s icon design guidelines;
- The reworked image handling feature, which is significantly faster and smoother thanks to a new graphic manager and an improved image lifecycle;
- The reorganization of Draw menus with the addition of a new Page menu;
- The new Online Help pages enriched with text and example files to guide the users through features;
- Several improvements to all modules of LibreOffice Online, with changes to the user interface to make it more appealing.
LibreOffice 6.1.1 represents the bleeding edge in term of features for open source office suites, and as such is targeted at technology enthusiasts, early adopters and power users.
For any enterprise class deployment, TDF maintains the more mature LibreOffice 6.0.6, which should be sourced from a company providing a Long Term Supported version of the suite (they are all members of TDF Advisory Board, and are listed here: https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/advisory-board/).
Also, value-added services for migrations and trainings, to support enterprise class deployments in large organizations, should be sourced from certified professionals (list available here: https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/professional-support/).
LibreOffice is deployed by large organizations in every continent. A list of some large or significant migrations announced in the media is available on the TDF wiki: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/LibreOffice_Migrations.
Availability of LibreOffice 6.1.1
LibreOffice 6.1.1 is immediately available from the following link: https://www.libreoffice.org/download/. Minimum requirements for proprietary operating systems are Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 and Apple macOS 10.9. Builds of the latest LibreOffice Online source code are available as Docker images: https://hub.docker.com/r/libreoffice/online/.