SFFT alpha drivers - V3/4/5 - Join to Testing

Started by Glide, 22 May 2004, 17:02:06

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFurryFurryThing

ok that clarifies things a bit. I have made changes there.

SFFT

SuperFurryFurryThing

I have posted a new version of the driver, this should address the memory problem in the alpha 8

SFFT

Rolo01

QuoteOriginally posted by hanksemenec
The win 2k drivers are busted, looks like they were all build on the same source.

During driver load the driver modifies DRAMInit 0 and 1, Daytona DRamInits are not compatible with VSA100. The BIOS sets them up correctly and the driver nukes them, you end up with a scrambled screen. :(

Hank

@ SFFT
Is it possible for you to address this error ?
I dont know whether it is much work to change this, but at the moment it is not possible to use Daytona cards with Win2000/XP.

Amigamerlin

ok guys again testing time :).
Alpha9 are online ready for download.
Please check at www.3dfxzone.it.
Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000

vykupitel

QuoteOriginally posted by Rolo01
@ SFFT
Is it possible for you to address this error ?
I dont know whether it is much work to change this, but at the moment it is not possible to use Daytona cards with Win2000/XP.

Only for example AM3.0 are busted.There is also problem with SLI and AGP2PCI that I announce in this thread http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1163
AthlonXP 1.86GHz@2.2GHz (barton), 1024MB PC400 RAM,MSI KT6-Delta LSR,
Voodoo5 6000 rev. 3700 A1 + Voodoo4 4200 AGP(Daytona) and many more...

JOE3000

I just tested Alpha9 and it doesn't work with Voodoo3 & GTA3 nor Vice City...still the same problem, hengs after 5 sec. [:(]

Tested on:
WindowsXP SP1 with DirectX 9.0b
Voodoo3 3000 AGP on SFFTv3alpha9

SuperFurryFurryThing

I have looked at the V3 GTA3 problem, but havn't found a solution. It works on V4/V5's so I preume that it is some peculiarity of the V3. Vice City has a hardware speck above that of a V3, so I wouldn't expect it to run.
I have no idea what a Daytona is so can't help you there.
FPS could you re-run the FS tests in Single chip and Fastest performance modes, and let me know if the kneepad problem is fixed in both.

SFFT

Nightbird

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

FBS

I got to test the SFFT9 drivers this morning for about an hour before having to go to work. I have not completly checked everything but what I have so far is that using the Flight sim software I still had the kneeboard problem with AA set to Fast and 2 sample, in single chip mode the kneeboard worked fine (note: this problem is in full screen only in window mode the kneeboard works fine in all AA modes). I have not seen any desktop corruption yet. Later this eveniing I will try the drivers some more.

FBS

Testing the SFFT9 drivers I have no problems with them, they function very well. SFFT if I can give you more input to fix the flight sim kneeboard please advise. What I can say is I think if you open a 2D window in a 3D image may be the cause. You see there are other windows such as the GPS seen in the picture below that open without any problem.

Image Insert:

42.17 KB

Nightbird

QuoteIt works on V4/V5's so I preume that it is some peculiarity of the V3. Vice City has a hardware speck above that of a V3.
Only surprizing that the game can run on a Banshee (even if this is not under XP)
http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=639

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

FBS

To add some more info on my kneeboard, Performance is worst(FPS)with AA set to Fast compared to 2 sample, when kneeboard is opened.

FBS

Today I loaded another software that runs with the Flight sim. This software controls the forces of my forcefeedback joystick. It runs in the backround with no visible windows. But is interesting that happened is that in AA 2 sample the kneeboard works fine now, when I run the sim with Fast AA the sim Frames run at 1FPS this makes the sim not even runable. Its like watching a slide show( did not even attemt to open the kneeboard I just returened it to 2 sample AA.

SuperFurryFurryThing

FBS Could you test the performance using Single Chip Fastest and 2 sample modes. I would suggest that you reboot the machine after changing the modes before doing the testing to ensure that the requested mode is set.

SFFT

FBS

Here is some data collected. I created a video in the Flight sim and replayed it with the different card settings. I do not have any benchmark software so this video would assure stability in conditions being played.

Image Insert:

225.16 KB