The compression ratio was improved for Fast and Fastest compression levels with the following default settings:
- 7-Zip now supports new optional match finders for LZMA/LZMA2 compression: bt5 and hc5, that can work faster than bt4 and hc4 match finders for the data with big redundancy.
- Fastest level (-mx1) : hc5 match finder with 256 KB dictionary.
- Fast level (-mx3) : hc5 match finder with 4 MB dictionary.
- Minor speed optimizations in multithreaded LZMA/LZMA2 compression for Normal/Maximum/Ultra compression levels.
- bzip2 decoding code was updated to support bzip2 archives, created by lbzip2 program.
- Some bugs were fixed.
- New localization: Turkmen.