- Some bugfixes to HTTP downloads introduced in 7.40.
- Fix several crashes when loading savegames in coop.
- Fix some out of memory aborts when loading maps with a lot surfaces.
- Allow autodetection of the desktop resolution. Set ‘r_mode’ to ‘-2’ to
enable that. (by Denis Pauk)
- Several fixes to the OpenGL 3.2 renderer. Some dynamic lights were
missing, for example for most explosions. Stencil shadows were broken
under some conditions. Performance was bad with the AMD driver under
Windows. Intel Ivy Bridge didn’t work. Under some conditions lights
were too bright.
- Add an optional fix for lighting problems in maps that misuse sky
surfaces for interior lighting. Set ‘gl_fixsurfsky’ to ‘1’ to enable
- Another bunch of timing fixes. The game should now hold the framerate
under all conditions, even with crappy Windows GPU drivers.
- The quake2.exe wrapper forces the Quake II into focus. This prevents
Quake II starting in background.