SFFT alpha drivers - V3/4/5 - Join to Testing

Started by Glide, 22 May 2004, 17:02:06

Previous topic - Next topic

kukucs

3dmark 2001 black screen few seconds..ib9-intel 965chipset. amiga3.1R1 driver adpter: v5 pci
amiga 3.1 R11 driver adpter v5 agp

osckhar

QuoteOriginally posted by Rolo01

Oscar,
is that an Asrock board ?
If so, then you are experiencing the same problems like Raff.
He is a 3dfx user here as well.
I will try a V4 on another Asrock board soon, the Conroe865PE.
Roland,
I have tried the Conroe865PE without luck. I have the same problem that using 4Coredual motherboard or 775Dual-vsta...

oscar

Raff3DC

Well, the boards seem to suck ...

___

Concerning the SFFT: Is it possible to (re-)activate some 2D-acceleration-features? Windows XP isn't fluent (start menu) and pictures make the screen hang, even with a high-end DC-CPU. Some minutes ago, I started to play Outcast again. Well, the fps were as if I used a P133 MMX. ;) Then I installed my GeForce 7300 GS and it runs extremely nice. Which features have been disabled?

Greetings from Germany,
Raff
The biggest Voodoo5 6000 test ever: http://3dcenter.de/artikel/voodoo5-6000/

kukucs

hi all. koolsmoky new driver functional core2duo intel965 chipset v5 5500pci.
but many more bugs

joblack

Tried the

ssf alpha 47

with a Voodoo 5500 PCI/Mac (flashed to 1.18) under Windows XP 64 Bit Edition. Installs, but after the restart windows hangs and you can just see the mouse pointer. After that it didn´t move on.

Something is still not working for 64 Bit ...

joblack

Ok, I´ve tried a second voodoo card (5500er pci - without DVI). The same problem occured ...

Glide

OK guys, thanks for feedback.

- joblack

can you specify your motherboard and/or chip-set?

kukucs

hi glide
i have abit ib9 core2 duo4300, v5 5500pci
amiga 3.1 R1 or new koolsmoky driver functional but amiga 3.1 R11 OR sft4x no
help pls thx

osckhar

QuoteOriginally posted by kukucs

hi glide
i have abit ib9 core2 duo4300, v5 5500pci
amiga 3.1 R1 or new koolsmoky driver functional but amiga 3.1 R11 OR sft4x no
help pls thx
Same problem here with lastest SFFT Alpha driver with my ¡975 Intel system.

Oscar

osckhar

SFFT 48 + 3Dfx Tool SFFT is online. [8D]

Now, my Intel system works nice with Alpha48. I have tried 3DMark2001SE, NFSU without problem.

Oscar

Seo hosuk

Dear Sir,

I have a favor to ask of you. and I wish "3dfx Voodoo5 Help.Kor" of file into the SFFT alpha drivers.:)

Please See the attached file and addition for next version.

Best regards.

P.s Kor (Korea)

Download Attachment: 3dfx Voodoo5 Help.zip
20.36 KB
-= Korea 3dfx Mania =-
-= Korea Palm User Group =-
-= Korea IBM Mania =-
-= Kimagure Orange Road Pan =-

kukucs

Me

Hi ! I've tested last night the sfft alpha 48 & 47 on a voodoo 3 2000 Agp and I can't change the resolution.It works only in 640x480 with 4bit colour depth on sfft 48 and supports 800x600 (4bit) on sfft 47.

One question...The tool is that new exe that installs the driver?

My specs : Kobian KT133a FSX, Athlon 1800+, 1Gb SDRAM, Voodoo 3 2000 AGP, Audigy 4 Bulk, Win Media Center 2005(sp2).

P.S. :My Voodoo 5 5500 Agp needs a repair cause 'she' lost a condenser (c47)... :(

Glide

Hi All.

- Seo hosuk:

Thank you for "3dfx Voodoo5 Help.Kor" file. It'll be part of next SFFT Alpha package.

- Me:

About SFFT Tools, those work just like a driver control panel. You must run their installer after usual driver setup. Read https://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/news/3dfx/sffttools/ for more info.

Good testing,

Bye bye

Avenger

Would like to try the tools, but unfortunately the installer doesn't support a german OS....