Beginning with this version, Google Earth "Free" and Earth Pro have been combined into a single product, Earth Pro. In the weeks to come, Earth "Free" users will be automatically upgraded to Earth Pro. Available free of charge since 2015, Earth Pro contains all features found in Earth "Free" and adds features geared towards enthusiasts and GIS professionals: advanced data import capabilities, more sophisticated measurement tools, higher-resolution printing, movie creation, and much more.
Here are a few more highlights of this release:
- New Qt application framework, which enables many of the features below.
- Overhauled networking stack with the latest security updates and encryption support.
- Support for ultra-high-resolution displays.
- Multimedia backend that supports audio recording, playback, and video creation on all platforms.
- A Repair Tool utility that simplifies troubleshooting tasks such as clearing the Earth data cache and resetting preferences.
Version 7.3.0 (3830) fixes a problem with the Linux version, and also a HTTP request issue.