NVIDIA ha annunciato la gpu mobile GeForce GTX 680M, una soluzione, basata sull'architettura di nuova generazione "Kepler" a 28nm, che si posiziona agevolmente al top della linea di processori grafici di NVIDIA finalizzati all'equipaggiamento dei notebook.
In accordo a Rene Haas, VP di NVIDIA e general manager della business unit relativa ai notebook in NVIDIA, "la GeForce GTX 680M è la GPU mobile più veloce al mondo" ed è in grado di offrire "un arsenale di nuove tecnologie (come Adaptive V-sync, TXAA, 3D Vision 2, ndr) insieme alla già nota Optimus che riduce il consumo energetico".
Tra i primi notebook basati sulla gpu GeForce GTX 680M ad arrivare sul mercato la stessa NVIDIA ha citato le soluzioni gaming oriented M17x e M18x (quest'ultimo può essere equipaggiato su richiesta anche con due GTX 680M in SLI, ndr) di Alienware, la cui commercializzazione avverrà entro le prossime due settimane, e il notebook GT70 di MSI.
[Immagine ad alta risoluzione]
NVIDIA today brings its next-generation NVIDIA Kepler graphics architecture to the top of the GeForce notebook GPU lineup, with the launch of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M.
The fastest, most advanced gaming notebook GPU ever built, the GTX 680M GPU delivers unprecedented performance, incredible power efficiency and the world's most advanced gaming technology.
"The GeForce GTX 680M is the fastest mobile GPU ever, but it's more than just a speed king," said Rene Haas, vice president and general manager of the notebook business unit at NVIDIA. "It also offers an entire arsenal of next-gen gaming technology, along with Optimus technology for extended battery life."
GeForce 600M Series GPUs are built for superior performance and power efficiency. Only GeForce GPUs offer:
Separately, Alienware announced its M17x and M18x gaming laptops will be available with GeForce GTX 680M GPUs in the next couple of weeks.
"The intense focus on performance and technology engineered into the 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M is a perfect match for the Alienware M17x and M18x laptops," said Frank Azor, Alienware General Manager. "Whether a single graphics card on the 17x or dual GTX 680M's on the M18x, Alienware owners are going to love having this much power at their fingertips."
- Adaptive V-sync - newly developed technology for a smoother gameplay experience
- Advanced AA modes - for crisper images, including NVIDIA FXAA and new TXAA
- NVIDIA Optimus technology - enabling extra-long battery life by automatically switching on the GPU only when it is needed
- NVIDIA PhysX support - for accelerated in-game physics
- NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 technology - for bigger, brighter, more comfortable 3D gaming
- NVIDIA 3DTV Play software - for connecting notebooks to 3DTVs for the most immersive gaming experience to be had in a living room
- High-performance NVIDIA Verde notebook drivers - offering day one game support and maximum compatibility
- NVIDIA SLI technology - make the fastest notebook GPU even faster with up to double the gaming performance
- NVIDIA CUDA technology support - for high-performance GPU computing applications
The Alienware M17x will be available with a GeForce GTX 680M GPU and NVIDIA Optimus technology or NVIDIA 3D Vision technology. The Alienware M18x notebook will be available with GeForce GTX 680M GPUs in single or SLI configurations before the end of the month.
The GeForce GTX 680M GPU is also available in MSI GT70 notebooks and gaming notebooks from Clevo channel partners such as Ava Direct, Maingear and Origin.
Source: NVIDIA Press Release
Tags: geforce | gpu | gtx | high-end | mobile | nvidia