A-DATA Technology ha annunciato la seconda generazione dei moduli di RAM XPG Gaming (cfr. la foto seguente), tutti ottimizzati per il funzionamento in overclock e realizzati con un PCB a 8 layer. Inoltre, ogni DIMM della gamma XPG Gaming Series v2.0 adotta un sistema di raffreddamento basato sulla tecnologia Thermal Conductive Technology (TCT), che prevede il contatto diretto con il dissipatore in alluminio per ciascuno dei chip di memoria presenti sul circuito stampato.
I nuovi moduli, disponibili sia in kit da 2GB o 4GB per le configurazioni dual-channel che in kit da 6GB per il triple-channel, sono di tipo DDR3-1600, DDR3-1866 e DDR3-2200: in tutti e tre i casi il profilo di timing consigliato dal produttore è pari a 9-9-9-24 mentre la tensione di polarizzazione può variare nel range 1.55V~1.75V.
[Immagine ad alta risoluzione]
Taipei, Taiwan – January. 8, 2010 - A-DATA Technology Co., Ltd., the worldwide leading manufacturer in high-performance DRAM modules and flash application products, today introduced its new XPG Gaming Series v2.0 DRAM module, offering multitude killer speed ranging from DDR3-1600, DDR3-1866, and DDR3-2200 MHz frequency with dual channel kit and triple channel kit options. Designed for gaming enthusiast, the new XPG Gaming Series v2.0 DRAM module are equipped with Thermal Conductive Technology (TCT), and doubling the amount of copper in the PCB to give gamers the speed and stability they need for demanding higher gaming experiences.
The new XPG Gaming Series v2.0 DRAM module features with Thermal Conductive Technology (TCT), each memory chip is direct contact with the heatsink to perform immediate heat spreading from critical areas, the increased surface area of heatsink also provide the efficiency of offload heat away from the DRAM module. Moreover, the doubling amount of copper in the PCB can improve the energy efficiency to lower the system temperature, in order to enhance the system stability.
"The gaming enthusiasts are seeking for higher PC performance to improve their gaming experiences. We created XPG Gaming Series v2.0 DRAM module to satisfy those gaming enthusiasts for their insatiable thirst of unlimited gaming experience. " said Action Chen, Deputy Project Manager of A-DATA XPG Department. "The new XPG Gaming Series v2.0 DRAM module offers an elegant, killer speed, and stability solution for those gaming enthusiasts to achieve their goal in the gaming community."
Features and specifications of XPG Gaming Series v2.0 DRAM module:
- All DRAM IC are verified by overclocking criteria.
- Adopt aluminum heatsink with increased surface area to provide efficiency of offload heat away.
- Adopt high quality 2oz copper 8 layers PCB to:
- Assist spreading of heat from critical areas to perform effective thermal cooling.
- Decrease the resistance of electronic flow to avoid electric waste
- Increase DRAM module’s lifetime.
- Improve signal integrity
- CAS Latency and recommended operating voltage:
- DDR3-2200G (9-9-9-24) 1.55V~1.75V
- DDR3-1866G (9-9-9-24) 1.55V~1.75V
- DDR3-1600G (9-9-9-24) 1.55V~1.75V
Limited lifetime Warranty.
- All XPG Gaming Series v2.0 DRAM module frequency are backward compatible.
- Offer 2GB/4GB dual channel kit and 6GB triple channel kit (Q2/2010) options.
- Optimized for 64-bit OS (operating system) .
32-bit OS environment has 4GB memory addressing barrier which results in 2.5~3GB memory accessibility.
The new XPG Gaming Series v2.0 DRAM modules are now distributed through selected distributors and resellers. More information about XPG Gaming Series v2.0 DRAM modules can be found on the company’s Web site at
Source: A-DATA Press Release