AMIGAMERLIN 3.0 ????

Started by vykupitel, 18 July 2003, 12:20:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Black_Out

I think you all need to cool off [V]

It is OK you two (cpdubal and lecram25). you guys shouldn't get on each other like that is was just a discussion - to each their own, just be cool and take a deep breath. [8D]

It looks like the both of you have the same temper, whoo -- the sparks certainly flew. A forum shouldn't ever get this outta hand (AOL being the exception :D)

So you were right lecram, it's ok though - he sounds like he was piecing things together through logical evidence. Ain't nothing wrong with that, we all know a little of something but no one knows everything.

Might be good to close the topic since it is pretty muddied up.
--------------------------------------------------
"Shop smart.........shop S-MART.....YA GOT THAT?!!"
-Ash from Army of darkness

lecram25

omg! Do you have split personalities or something? before you were "cpdubal " and then changed to "Black_Out". And then you come around acting like a whole new person. I'm confused, please explain. [?]

| AMD Athlon XP (Barton) 2800+ @ 3200+ (11x200) | Cooler Master Jet 7 | ABIT NF7-S Rev 2.0 (nForce 2) | Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 | Sapphire ATi Radeon 9500np>9700np | Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1 | 3dfx VoodooTV 200 PCI | Western Digital 40GB & 120GB HDD | Pioneer 106s DVD | LG 52x24x52 CDRW | Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Theater 5.1 DTT3500 Digital Speakers |

Amigamerlin

Hello guys [}:)]
Calm Down !! in this board all MUST talk clean !! Ok ?  This is the First Rule !.

About Geometry Assistant. This is a feature present in win98 3dfx Driver and is usefull to emulate an HArdware T&L. Nothing else and are nothing to do with NT Kernel or something of this.
This feature can't be used under NT kernal (Like win2k WindowXP) because the S.O. prevent to have integral gestion of the peripherals filtering in a ring all the direct call !! then this kind of hacks can't be used.

Force 3dnow and Force MMx istruction reg tweack, at the moment, are useless because all the current DLL are already compiled tu use MMX and 3Dnow istruction.

I hope is all clear now !! (sorry but english is not my primary language).

After that .. please guys, calm down.

Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000
Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000

qrazi

erm, not wanting to rush you, but when can we download the new 3.0 driver?

ECS K7s5a@ 147 MHz, Athlon XP 1600+@1825+, Voodoo5 5500 @166 MHz, 512mb pc3200

Black_Out

lecram25 - Let it rest, this can only lead to more bad blood shed on this post.
besides, I have no idea what you are talking about.

This is not a sparing ring, AmigaMerlin gave us a definitive answer - which by the way I don't see any problems with your English speak it good enough by me :D , now we all know the situation with geometry and MMX/3Dnow.

lecram25

So explain one thing to me...where are cpdubal's posts?
I believe that you are cpdubal and you finally realised that you made a huge mistake, so instead of being a man and saying that you were wrong and making a fool out of yourself, you decided to somehow change you screenname/handle and sort of make as if you were/are someone else. That's the only viable explanation I can come up with, seeing that cpdubal's name has vanished and your name has popped up instead. Nice try...

| AMD Athlon XP (Barton) 2800+ @ 3200+ (11x200) | Cooler Master Jet 7 | ABIT NF7-S Rev 2.0 (nForce 2) | Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 | Sapphire ATi Radeon 9500np>9700np | Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1 | 3dfx VoodooTV 200 PCI | Western Digital 40GB & 120GB HDD | Pioneer 106s DVD | LG 52x24x52 CDRW | Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Theater 5.1 DTT3500 Digital Speakers |

Nightbird

ok the guys,
you need to grow !

please, NOW, use Messenger, AOL, the emails... like you like but

here, back to the topic

[}:)]

Network powered by 3Dfx and AMD

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

lecram25

I'm over the issue right now. What I'm really confused about is why all of a sudden, it changed from "cpdubal" to "Black_Out".

QuoteIt is OK you two (cpdubal and lecram25). you guys shouldn't get on each other like that is was just a discussion - to each their own, just be cool and take a deep breath.

Yet if you look all over the thread, the username "cpdubal" is non existant. Anyone care to explain.

Black_Out

Here's the thing.

I have formally put in a request to web master to delete my account, because if this is what it takes to end whatever hostility you have for me, then ... see ya ... this is not very productive to starts fights mr lecram25.

Signing off this forum for the last time -- short time I have been here -- goodbye sir.

To AmigaMerlin I request that you delete any posts by cpdubal, myself and lecram25, this will keep the topic on track and will embarrass you less by keeping these feeble comments out of your forum, and it will be more productive/less muddy.

lecram25

^It is funny that you would say that. Because cpdubal's posts are nonexistant. That's the thing that needs to be cleared up. And Black_Out, I don't appreciate this at all...AT ALL. I think one of the admins needs to do something about this. I don't enjoy being harrassed!

amp_man

lecram, Black Out, this is getting really annoying.  lecram, as far as i can tell, you are wrong, but even if you are right, what does it matter? you get geometry assist with 9x, you get MMX and 3DNOW acceleration with 2k/XP. so just drop it. would a forum admin please delete this trash that is clogging up this "informative" forum? i would like to know when AM 3.0 will be available, not have to got through 5 pages of this crap. besides, lecram doesnt even have a voodoo 4/5, at least not that he shows in his signature. the only reason he's here, imoho, is to fight about this issue, which doesnt even matter.

when the sun goes down, the music turns up...
When the sun goes down, the music turns up...

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card

lecram25

QuoteAbout Geometry Assistant. This is a feature present in win98 3dfx Driver and is usefull to emulate an HArdware T&L. Nothing else and are nothing to do with NT Kernel or something of this.
This feature can't be used under NT kernal (Like win2k WindowXP) because the S.O. prevent to have integral gestion of the peripherals filtering in a ring all the direct call !! then this kind of hacks can't be used.

What part of Amiga's post didn't you understand? I know he's not the best in the English department, but really. It seems pretty clear to me.

And just in case you decide to edit your post and make me look like a f001...

Quotelecram, Black Out, this is getting really annoying. lecram, as far as i can tell, you are wrong, but even if you are right, what does it matter? you get geometry assist with 9x, you get MMX and 3DNOW acceleration with 2k/XP. so just drop it. would a forum admin please delete this trash that is clogging up this "informative" forum? i would like to know when AM 3.0 will be available, not have to got through 5 pages of this crap. besides, lecram doesnt even have a voodoo 4/5, at least not that he shows in his signature. the only reason he's here, imoho, is to fight about this issue, which doesnt even matter.

amp_man

For starters, I think almost everyone would agree that you're doing a good job of making yourself look like a fool. Second, here's a qoute from the 3dfx tools help file for windows 9x:
QuoteGeometry Assist – This feature optimizes the geometry processing paths used by an advanced CPU like an Intel® Pentium® III or AMD-K7™ when rendering 3D scenes, for improved performance. Some 3D applications may also be able to use this assistance to provide even greater visual quality or lighting effects. If any of your 3D applications seems to become unstable with this feature enabled, then you may need to disable Geometry Assist when using that program.

NOTE: An Intel® Pentium® III or AMD-K7™ (or higher) is required for Geometry Assist. Also, after making any change to this setting, you must restart your system for the change to take effect.

If that doesn't mean that it use MMX and 3D-NOW, I dont know what it does, and I really dont care.
also, you really like to try to get people riled up, dont you? i found your post trying to piss off dan borga, who's volunteered a lot for the new Amigamerlin 3.0 drivers. You must realize that this forum is a service to voodoo users like ourselves, since nVidia refuses to support this line of cards which they have purchased. so please, dont abuse this system with needless arguements about things that dont matter, just be thankful we have as many people and as many resources here to help us as we do. Finally, Amigamerlin 3.0 doesn't even have the Force MMX/3DNOW or the Geometry assist options, so the point of this argument is completely mute.

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card

lecram25

First off, you seem completely illiterate. AMIGA CLEARLY said that Geometry is non existent in the NT kernel. Meaning, Windows NT/2000/XP. All Amiga did was to justify my point. You really must be thick headed. And I'll quote him again...

QuoteAbout Geometry Assistant. This is a feature present in win98 3dfx Driver and is usefull to emulate an HArdware T&L. Nothing else and are nothing to do with NT Kernel or something of this.

Force 3dnow and Force MMx istruction reg tweack, at the moment, are useless because all the current DLL are already compiled tu use MMX and 3Dnow istruction.

Notice the "This feature can't be used under NT kernal (Like win2k WindowXP) because the S.O. prevent to have integral gestion of the peripherals filtering in a ring all the direct call !! then this kind of hacks can't be used."

And that the Force 3dnow/mmx instruction set are useless. It seems VERY clear to me. And besides, geometry assist is just a form of software tnl, and emulation. It makes games an apps think that the card has hardware tnl.

"Finally, Amigamerlin 3.0 doesn't even have the Force MMX/3DNOW or the Geometry assist options, so the point of this argument is completely mute."

So how exactly is the point of the argument mute? If you READ the thread carefully, my first post about this whole issue stated that geometry assist does NOT exist under the NT kernel. So I couldn't care less if it's in the drivers or not, I rather use 3danalyze with my 6k anyway.

"i found your post trying to piss off dan borga"

And how and where exactly was I trying to piss off Dan?
Man, you people see what you want to see.

So you take a quote from the 3dfx tools help file. And so what? How does that help the topic? It says NOTHING about tnl. The geometry assist options was a software work around for VSA cards so that they would somewhat compete with the Geforce2 in the 'tnl market'. 3dfx focused more towards FSAA on the VSA series while nVidia went for TnL, hence the first GPU (graphics processing uniy).
Before you start posting, I think you should do just a little research first. You're making yourself look like f001.

This guy sounds like another cpdubal clone...

amp_man

look, i really dont give a sweet ****. fine, you are rightr and everyone else is worng. happy? now shut the fuk up cause we dont wanna hear it. maybe you have the time to research all the features offered by your voodoo, but if i had that kinda time i'd get another job and buy a new card instead of trying to nigger-rig the old one.