AMIGAMERLIN 3.0 ????

Started by vykupitel, 18 July 2003, 12:20:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Black_Out

1) So wtf are you saying?

No need to swear my firend this is only a friendly discussion I "your on crack" light heartedly, please -- I mean no offense.

2) Is there or is there no Geometry Assist in the NT kernel?

Geomerty Assist has nothing to due with the windows kernel at all -- HAHAHAHAHAH! You have much to learn.....that has to do with the *hardware* capabilities provdided by the drivers,not the operating system. If that were the case why buy a video card at all, apparently the "NT kernel" (as you refer to it) has it all covered.

3) I know for a fact there is no Geometry Assist. The option's there, but non functional.

It's the MMX option in Win2000/Xp....ohhhh......I mean "NT kernel". In 9x it is called the geometry assist option, differnt names becuase the algorithm is implelented in 2000_XP by using MMX,SSE,SSE2 which makes it faster, I tested theses features at the lab there -- the special instructions of the CPU -- especially SSE -- make geometry processing much faster, even if the video card doesn't support it.

Plus where is your proof to backup what you are saying -- do you have code snippets form the "NT Kernel" to proove it?

4) Your best bet is to use 3danalyze. That's what I used with my Voodoo 5 before upgrading.

3D analyze is mostly used by most to force software T&L so that most games that require it will run better. But hey if software emulation is better than using the hardware -- we -- whatever floats your boat.
--------------------------------------------------
"Shop smart.........shop S-MART.....YA GOT THAT?!!"
-Ash from Army of darkness

Black_Out

3dfxFanatic - there is the "enable 3DNOW" option in the windows XP/2000 drivers.

That would be it.

3dfxFanatic

Black_Out

Back to lecram25 - here is proof that I am right -- this is from the windows 9x help file:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Geometry Assist – This feature optimizes the geometry processing paths used by an
advanced CPU like an Intel® Pentium® III or AMD-K7™ when rendering 3D scenes, for
improved performance. Some 3D applications may also be able to use this assistance
to provide even greater visual quality or lighting effects. If any of your 3D
applications seems to become unstable with this feature enabled, then you may need
to disable Geometry Assist when using that program.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: An Intel® Pentium® III or AMD-K7™ (or higher) is required for Geometry Assist.
Also, after making any change to this setting, you must restart your system for the
change to take effect.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enable (Reboot required) – Select this option to use Geometry Assist for increased
3D rendering performance.
Disable (Reboot required) – Select this option if one of your 3D applications
becomes unstable.

Plus have you ever seen the geomertry assist option in the Win2K drivers? No -- becuase if you read about the MMX/3DNow option, it is the same thing.
[B)][B)][B)][B)]

Black_Out

Besides I worked for Intel before,  I know what MMX,SSE,SSE2 can do - and funny thing is, I did test the geometry functions of SSE in the Pentium III processor and it would make these horrible video cards w/no acceleration perform quite well!

lecram25

So tell me, how successful were you at enbaling Geometry Assist under NT/2000/XP?

| AMD Athlon XP (Barton) 2800+ @ 3200+ (11x200) | Cooler Master Jet 7 | ABIT NF7-S Rev 2.0 (nForce 2) | Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 | Sapphire ATi Radeon 9500np>9700np | Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1 | 3dfx VoodooTV 200 PCI | Western Digital 40GB & 120GB HDD | Pioneer 106s DVD | LG 52x24x52 CDRW | Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Theater 5.1 DTT3500 Digital Speakers |

Black_Out

Dude you just aren't going to listen, I have given you this answer serveral times, and you keep asking the sam thing you did last time, and have *nothing* to back your self up, I however do have a lot of knowledge and info on this topic.

But to answer you - I have enable it several times and I'd do it again, very successfull!

You are just being ignorant, this converstaion is useless and is going nowhere, instead of agruging with me go ask on the people working on re-compiling the drivers for AmigaMerlin drivers, and they can't help you -- enjoy your ignorance!

I will re-iterate one LAST time! ~~ Windows 98 = Geoerty Assist ~~ Windows 2000 it is called "Enable MMX" or  "Enable 3Dnow". Damn dude!

In the words of FogHorn LegHorn "Go away boy, ya bother me."

Black_Out

Oh ... one last thing, if you are using NT4, HAHAHAHA! Upgrade to 2000 or XP - NT4 is **very** limited with games and if that is why you can't find what I am talking about, well go figure you aren't going to see it. NT4 is not a gaming OS, if you are not well....see previous message.....read sloooowwwly...

3dfxFanatic

i have an athlon, so enabling both MMX and 3DNow! will improve geo assist preformance?

lecram25

QuoteOh ... one last thing, if you are using NT4, HAHAHAHA! Upgrade to 2000 or XP - NT4 is **very** limited with games and if that is why you can't find what I am talking about, well go figure you aren't going to see it. NT4 is not a gaming OS, if you are not well....see previous message.....read sloooowwwly...

#1 Check the sig
and
#2 http://pub43.ezboard.com/fx3dfxfrm1.showMessage?topicID=15680.topic

^who's the ignorant one now?

EDIT: Or better yet, here you go....

http://pub43.ezboard.com/fx3dfxfrm2.showMessage?topicID=2695.topic

| AMD Athlon XP (Barton) 2800+ @ 3200+ (11x200) | Cooler Master Jet 7 | ABIT NF7-S Rev 2.0 (nForce 2) | Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 | Sapphire ATi Radeon 9500np>9700np | Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1 | 3dfx VoodooTV 200 PCI | Western Digital 40GB & 120GB HDD | Pioneer 106s DVD | LG 52x24x52 CDRW | Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Theater 5.1 DTT3500 Digital Speakers |

Black_Out

I lied, I reply becuase it's soo hard not to with you .... HAHAHAHA and you're easy to laugh off...HEHEHEHE! :D

You're still the ignorant one, and calling me a dumbass in another forum, oh...geee...my beating heart be stilll...HAHAHAHA! Like I would take the to ro register to it reply ...HEHE! :D[}:)]

You're an idiot, if you have this "proof" why not just come out with it, rahter than draw this thing out as long as you did --- I was just using logic from what I read and saw for myself. But You required someone else to give you the answer rather then come up for it your self, and you didn't knwo why untill you asked -- so you really aren't as bright as you think you are! you're still foolish either way.

At least I could give you a reason why I thought what I did about geomertry assist, you couldn't. Also you were saying the "NT Kernel" (as you put it): "Is there or is there no Geometry Assist in the NT kernel?"

HAH! You moron, the kernel may not allow this BUT the funtion is not apart of the kernel, it has to do with the hardware.

You really just don't ever learn. Empty headedness on your part that's all I can chalk this up to. Ohhh -- and you got your buddies to call me a name.....ohhh.noooo...what should I do....am so.........laughing VERy hard at you both...HAHAHAHAHA:D

for future refrence, get the facts before arguing something -- "becuase you just know", and come out with it right away, otherwise hush puppy! This would've all eneded if you would've done this in the first place. Plus I said NT kernel was *Very* limited with gaming -- so I wasn't too far off the mark![^]

-End it- this conversation is quite bothersoe and is just filling up this post with pages of crud. End of conversation. I am not going to check this post anymore for AM3.0 news, since I will only find you here again.

Glide

You have to post carefully otherwise this topic will be close.
Thanks to all for keeping of the forum rules and spirit.

Bye bye

lecram25

Weird, I never called you a "dumbass". Strange that you'd make these things up...

ArchAngelCD

I won't even comment on this lecram25.

Asus P4P800 i865PE | Intel 3.2 GHz P4C | 2048 Mb Kingston PC3200 Dual Channel DDR SRAM | 160 Gb Western Digital SATA HD | NEC ND-3520 16X DVD-RW | WinXP Pro SP2 | ATI Radeon X850 Pro | 6-channel AD1985 audio CODEC | 3Com 3C940 Gigabit LAN | Diamond Monster 3D II 24Mb SLI

lecram25

No problem, I respect you and your opinion ArchAngelCD.