Sempron64 3000+, 512MB DDR400 2,5-3-3-11
Voodoo5 5500 PCI (Rev 3100)
ASUS K8N4-E

Nightbird

QuoteOriginally posted by mcmagostini

Maybe it's because the games is rated Adults Only, judging by the
picture... Maybe some game about some mansion of some big guy
who rules some famous adult magazine. [:p]
I think so, specially when i saw the picture.

@ Radware59
At least, you can write what are the system requirements.

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Ren

SuperFurryFurryThing> Hi. Is there some specific reason why SFFT driver lacks 1680x1050 resolution? Other 16:9, 16:10 and not so common reso's are available. I tried my best with Powerstrip and with registry tweaking but always I got out-of-range or strange distorsion like here:

Maybe You know something why You omitted this resolution? Thanks.

ggab

QuoteOriginally posted by Hunter

I just have 2 applications that can uses Glide atm: ePSXe (with Lewpy's  Glide 3x plugin) and a Nintendo 64 emulator (Project64/1964/etc) using Glide 64 plugin (wich also uses Glide3x). Both of them show the same odd behavior.

Well, to test I delete "3dfxvs.dll" and "glide3x.dll" from System32 and "3dfxvsm.sys" from System32/Drivers directories, substituting them with the desired version to test. So I reboot the system and run DxDiag tool to check if the drivers were correctly recognized and are in use. The only combination that produces a successfully result is Alpha 42 or below w/ any Glide 3x library.

Is it possible that some registry entry is the villain here?

PS: I'm using a Voodoo 3 2000 AGP, since my 3k burnt for god.
i have the same problem, identical 100%.

v4500 agp, winXPsp2, sfft46 + any Glide 3x library

ps47

ok guys,if I undertand this correctly,all apps that use glide3x directly do not work with SFFT A43 and newer?

Rolo01

I tested Diablo II : LoD ( 1.11 ) in Glide with Alpha 46 and got this :
Image Insert:

25.12 KB

After that I put Koolsmokeys Glide3x.dll ( 3.10.0.30303 ) in the game folder and the game ran flawlessly.
I then removed koolsmokeys dll and started Diablo2 again, resulting in a BSOD :

0x000000EA ( 0x87648B30,0x8673D738,0x85B43E40,0x00000001) in 3dfxvs

As usual, this was with Pentium4 and Voodoo4 AGP on WinXP SP1.

ps47

ok,did a quick test and it seems youre right,with A46 glide and opengl seem to be broken no matter what glides and icds,I have tried glquake (opengl) and hitman 1 (glide3x) and they did not run no matter what (quake suggesting softwaremode with wglcontentcreate failed and hitman just exiting to desktop).so I have loaded A42 and wham,everything worked.I'll try A43-45 as well,just to be sure what release is the first one with broken glide/opengl..

SuperFurryFurryThing

Well Opengl and Glide are certainly working on my Voodoo 5500. It may be a specific card type problem.

SFFT

ggab

well, we need more testing in particular with voodoo 5500/6000...

and in Single chip mode?

ps47

og,tried A44,both glquake and hitman1 with HWCEXT_GETLINEARADDR mesage when using the latest original glide/opengl dlls.when using dlls included with the driver,glquake gets the wglcreate error,hitman1 crashes back to desktop with no message.same behaviour with A43.

the system was a p3 650/MSI 6168 with integrated voodoo3agp 8MB and xpsp2,as I said before,everything runs perfectly fine when using the A42 driver (no matter what glides),so right now it really seems like something is broken in A43 and newer releases..

I'm going to test a voodoo4 as well (tomorrow or so).

a19957143

Hello, I just bought a Voodoo5 AGP from EBay, and have been experimenting some compatibility problems with the drivers, like SFFT 33 version works almost perfect, AM works very buggy, even the screen saver doesn't show itself right. When I upgrade to newer versions of SFFT I use to have more problems. For example, with SFFT 45/46, I cannot start any OpenGL at ALL. Version 40 seems to work, but when I play Jedi Academy and I try to use pull or push force, the game crash the machine return to Windows with an error message. The last and most troubling thing is that when I programmed to turn off the monitor after 20 min, and obviously the screen saver is running; the machine can't turn off the monitor and go back to the desktop, but if the screen saver is not running it turn off right.

I would appreciate any suggestions

Saludos

Ricardo.
Ricardo.

a19957143

I forgot my configuration: P III 800 Mhz 640 MB Ram, an Inel Motherboard with Slot 1 socket, and a Voodoo5 5500.
Ricardo.

ernzzz

Hello there [|)]

as the summer is comming over here, i decided to switch the radeon9800pro for a way much much colder (and silent) Voodoo4 3500 PCI 32mb..

I am currently playing FF8 (i know, a bit too late..) and with the Amigamerlin drivers I had (one year old, i used to use a V3 3000) I was getting those black textures issue... So I installed the latest sfft release, and it got solved.. thnx! you rule big time!

I have some questions tho..

Regarding FF8, is there a way to FORCE a more healthy 800x600 resolution? My screen is showing a ugly wireframe everywhere.. (it did also with the radeon..)

Another thing will be, on the 3dfx Tools menu seems like the Direct3D section has way less options to choose than the amigamerlin..

and only AA for D3D.. is this normal? would that mean that i have installed the drivers wrongly?

Also i have found a little bug.. it is with The Matrix 3D Screensaver v2.1.. This is how i currently configure it..

With the amigamerlin drivers it worked.. now with sfft it just shows a black box.. http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267/ernzzz/matrixerror.jpg

No matter if i check or uncheck the 3dfx option.. the error is the same..

So thats it.. thanx for developing this drivers.. i will try to stay tuned [^]

(AMD AthlonXP Barton 2800+, 256mb ddr ram, Gygabyte Ga-7N400L, Windows2k, maxtor hd, creative sb128pci & live5.1pci, realtek ethernet card, oldish hp-rewritter.. and of course the v4 3500 pci)

mcmagostini

It seems like the same problems reported earlier: broken glide support
with newer SFFT drivers.

OFF: Could you post a link to that screensaver, please?

Greetings.
AmigaMerlin / SFFT / MesaFX
Sempron64 3000+, 512MB DDR400 2,5-3-3-11
Voodoo5 5500 PCI (Rev 3100)
ASUS K8N4-E

Rolo01

Isnt Matrix3D an OpenGL Screensaver ?
In that case you could just copy an older glide3x.dll and opengl32.dll into the application folder, that should solve Glide/OpenGL errors.