[Voodoo 5 5500] Highest Rev number?

Started by NitroX infinity, 07 January 2004, 16:52:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Obi-Wan Kenobi

QuoteOriginally posted by Maverick

Oh wow that card looks so cool! I should try to get one.

Yeah good old USA stuff !!!

You Americans always had good strange stuff!, okay even the music in USA is really good, I suppose you still know The Doors! Got the DVD Liveset: The Doors: a celebration. from 2001 ;)

Anyways there is also a Pure3D II same ideas with the TV-outs and everythang!  but the with the Voodoo2 layout LOL :D

These Canopus cards are quite hard to find as for the Miroshire HighScore 3D cards as well.

P.S. hmmzz I wonder if there are any Australian Voodoo card brands around, used to live in Australia Ya know, used to live ther for 11 years, but now I live in Holland for about 13 years, oh deary, got so bored here, so I started by collecting 3dfx cards in year 2003, everyone was talking big about 3dfx/3Dfx Voodoo thingy's, which gave me a great idea, Collect a few for starters and join the 3dfx Voodoo club!! Anyway, that gave me the big bang.  ;)

What gave you the big bang for 3dfx Voodoo cards?
Powered By The Force, x-3dfx & The Jedi Academy

Maverick

I always loved 3dfx and when they went down that really pissed me off so for me it was keeping there name alive by having there 3D cards and showing it to other people and what not. Like I'm doing now. hehe;)

Obi-Wan Kenobi

QuoteOriginally posted by Maverick

I always loved 3dfx and when they went down that really pissed me off so for me it was keeping there name alive by having there 3D cards and showing it to other people and what not. Like I'm doing now. hehe;)

The Force serves you well Maverick, and uhm, where's Goose ;) [Top Gun, good movie ]

well yeah I feel the same about your idea about it too, For me it is also more like a tribute to 3dfx them selves. What is the Rev number of your Velocity 200?

P.S. my MSN = skippythequaker@zonnet.nl

3mmm

To Maverick: about your link
http://www.3dnews.ru/reviews/video/3dfx_velocity_100/
this is simple review Velocity100 on russia site (drivers, overclocking, image quality, speed test...). Not very good in my opinion.

Now about revision number. I have Voodoo5 5500 PCI rev A1 3100. I have photo(average quality), but dont know how insert it in forum.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

QuoteOriginally posted by 3mmm

To Maverick: about your link
http://www.3dnews.ru/reviews/video/3dfx_velocity_100/
this is simple review Velocity100 on russia site (drivers, overclocking, image quality, speed test...). Not very good in my opinion.

Now about revision number. I have Voodoo5 5500 PCI rev A1 3100. I have photo(average quality), but dont know how insert it in forum.

Welcome "3mmm" Nice to have a Russian bloke on this website too :)

Your Voodoo5 5500 PCI is a Rev 3100 A1 < That is a very late one for the 5500 PCI version !! Very Cool. Handle with Care I'd say ;)

I used to be a fan of PPK , Sveta and DJ Nikk! they are still okay, but I prefer Sting, music of my time.

3mmm

Just forgot.
My Voodoo5 have Samsung memory marking C40 TC55. Does it mean 5.5ns?

amp_man

Yep! If you wanted to, that card could easily do 183MHz, I'll bet!
When the sun goes down, the music turns up...

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card

sloomy

Just forgot.

Yes, can you post here some photos of your rams ?

amp_man

lol, it looks the same as every other samsung memory, except the numbers are a little different
When the sun goes down, the music turns up...

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card

Maverick

Just forgot.

Is yours a Mac?

I just got a Vooodoo 5 MAC 5500 PCI with samsung ram just a few days ago. This one seems a little diffrent than the other mac voodoo's I got in the past. This one has a black DVI connection instead of the regular white DVI connection.

I'm about to flash the card to PC in a few days to see if I can push it to 183mhz.

I'll take some really nice high quality pictures when I wake up later today. It's 2:00 AM here in USA, California. [:I]

Night! :)

nSomniac

Aloha,  Well i finally took the time to look at my v5 5500 agp and it is a rev 2500 (but i dont know if its A or what ) i didnt wanna take it outta my pc considering that its running right now :) but i have toshiba ram on it and i have clocked it all the way up to 195 w/o corruption.  I turned it down after about 5 mins of playin w/ it because i didnt wanna burn it out im not sure how hot it got but it worked great i usually run it between 174 (what i have the bios set for) and 184 and i have used it for HOURS at 184 before i tried 200 one time but that didnt work too good like i said the highest stable i have got it was 195 but i ddnt wanna fry my card becaause it is great to me and i dont wanna hurt it... I will post pics of it when i get my camera running again but to me it's beautiful... :D

Matt

nSomniac

ahoy hoy...  Well i just got my hands on a v5 5500 pci for mac, w/ dvi out and i have had it runnin at 173 since i flashed it and it has better color (richer) better frame rates and and seems more stable than the v5 5500 agp i have been runnin for a while now, which has been retired, and will soon be goin on my wall :) to show off, but the specs on my agp are ver 2500 rev a, orig bios ver 1.06 updated to 1.18b03 w/ hyundai ram, and my v5 5500 pci is a 2900, A (i beleive) with mt ram (interesting) set at ~6 ns by default. :)
Matt

Rampage

I have 2 Voodoo 5 cards now.

One is equipped with Hyundai RAM and is a Rev2500A My Voodoo 5 5500 AGP. This one does 189 MHz Max.

The other one is a early Voodoo 5 5500 PCI, and it is equipped with MT RAM, which seems to be rare. Is that good or bad? Will it clock high. As far as I know, the first owner clocked it op to an amazing 191 MHz. The Revision is an early 2700A
Porsche Owned!!!

no-X

I'm preparing a list of rev. numbers (V3/V4/V5). I added some numbers from this thread. Some people wrote rev. number, but card version is missing [xx(] (AGP/PCI/MAC etc.). Can sb. confirm this revisions (written grey) or add others?

The list is here: http://www.no-x-files.webz.cz/articles/rev.htm

edit: new location: http://www.3dfx.cz/articles/rev.htm

Sorry for my English [8)]

NitroX infinity

I have a V3 3000 AGP Rev C 1500
http://www.falconfly-central.de/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=general;action=display;num=1091613304

The V5 5500 '1900' is an AGP card (I have it) memory is correct, Toshiba. Can't disclose info on the Revision, I'll check tomorrow before starting up my computer.

Also the V5 5x00 AGP/DVI you have listed is a V5 5500 prototype.

Daytona cards: the PCI has 32MB RAM and the IBM has 16MB.