[Voodoo 5 5500] Highest Rev number?

Started by NitroX infinity, 07 January 2004, 16:52:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverick

I have a Voodoo 4 4500 AGP Rev A1 4100 and a Voodoo 5 5500 PCI Mac Rev A1 2900. I'll post high quality pictures when I wake up.:)

Obi-Wan Kenobi

QuoteOriginally posted by Maverick

I have a Voodoo 4 4500 AGP Rev A1 4100 and a Voodoo 5 5500 PCI Mac Rev A1 2900. I'll post high quality pictures when I wake up.:)

hmmzzz very intersting, especially that "Voodoo 4 4500 AGP Rev A1 4100 = actually written like this: Voodoo 4 4500 AGP Rev A1 4100 ;)" , isn't that a Voodoo 4 4500 PCI Rev A 4100 of is it a Voodoo 4 4500 AGP Rev A0 4100?

because Rev A1 is normally seen on Voodoo5 5500 PCI cards and not on Voodoo4 cards, and if it is a PCI it would normally be a Rev xxxx A and AGP would normally be Rev xxxx A0.

Does your Voodoo 4 4500 AGP Rev 4100 A1 have anything special like TV-Out of DVI on it?

Would like to know that's all really, and yeah if it is a Voodoo 4 4500 AGP Rev A0 4100 you have a really late sample of the Voodoo4 4500 AGP card, congrats dude :)
Powered By The Force, x-3dfx & The Jedi Academy

Maverick

Nope it's a A1 4100 AGP. I'll take really good pictures of it when I get home so I can show you. It came with the 3dfx sticker on the fan, don't really know if that's means anything.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

QuoteOriginally posted by Maverick

Nope it's a A1 4100 AGP. I'll take really good pictures of it when I get home so I can show you. It came with the 3dfx sticker on the fan, don't really know if that's means anything.

Cool, that's a very late one you've got then, the 3dfx stickers were the replacements of the AVIDD stickers ;)

Maverick

QuoteOriginally posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi

Cool, that's a very late one you've got then, the 3dfx stickers were the replacements of the AVIDD stickers ;)

Na man I was wrong, I got it confused with my Mac A1 so you were right about my V4 being a A0. Pictures are below.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Oh dear poor 3dfx VoodooMAC 5500 PCI!, but what happened to it, it's fanless! Poor thing . Or did you just remove them to show us the chips, I hope you still have them ;) Seeing dead Voodoo's isn't a nice thing you know, I have a DOA 5500 AGP Ya know, was a painfull experience [B)]
Anyway thanks for the beautifull pics!

here's my DOA Voodoo5 5500 AGP 64MB Rev 2500 A:

Poor little critter![}:)]

Oh well bought this working 3dfx Voodoo5 5500 AGP 64MB Rev 2500 A from a Canadian bloke in Holland:

And yes I still use it now, that card will never exit my PC, unless A V5 6K enters my PC ofcourse ;)

this is one of my favourites in my collection:

3dfx VoodooMAC 4500 PCI 32MB + DVI Rev 3700 A Retail "Pink Box Edition":

and here is the card:

The photo of the card isn't from my collection but the box is.
I'll send in some original photo's of my whole 27 piece collection pretty soon.

over here you can see all the cards I have in my 3dfx/3Dfx Voodoo collection:

http://www.x-3dfx.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=468#468

enjoy!

My name at x-3dfx.com is SkippyTheQuaker, I suppose you found that out anyway, just letting you know that all, and those Voodoo5 5000 arn't mine that AGP card is from Rolo01 he has a very nice collection too, he also has a Voodoo4 4800 AGP 32MB DDR Rev 4100 A0 :D
and of course a Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev 2600 A. Very nice Rolo01!

and of course Nightbird, has also the Voodoo5 5000 AGP, good move Nightbird!
But that Voodoo5 5000 PCI, don't know the owner of that card.

Maverick

Nice pictures!

Don't worry about the VoodooMAC I have, it's working great! I just took off the heatsink so I could remove that crap that was on the GPU and apply some AS5. I reflashed the BIOS with a 1.18 BIOS so I could use it daily on my PC with the DVI connection. Works great!

Didn't notice until now, but my MAC has MT ram chips.

All my Voodoo cards still work. Thank goodness.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Thank goodness of the Force that your VoodooMAC 5500 is okay :) anyways, now I'm waiting for my 28th Voodoo, apparently it's a Retail version of the Voodoo5 5500 PCI Rev 2900 A1. okay I already have that card, but not a retail one yet, so I hope everything will turn out okay., I'll make pics of it when it's in. and of my Voodoo Table. Bought the Table @ IKEA Rotterdam ;)

if you klick my name "Obi-Wan Kenobi" you'll see my Picture, klick that, and you'll see my collection from 7 mounths ago!
I only had 15 Voodoo's then now 27 and maybe soon 28 :) if I'm lucky on that bet of course.

How many Voodoo's do you have in total?