SFFT alpha drivers - V3/4/5 - Join to Testing

Started by Glide, 22 May 2004, 17:02:06

Previous topic - Next topic

osckhar

(OFF TOPIC)
@Raff3DC,
Worms 4: Mayhem demo runs in OpenGL Mode using Amigamerlin R11.

Regards,
Oscar

ps47

note to previous two posts: the D3D core doesnt have effect on the opengl part of the driver.opengl games/apps will have no benefit from the new D3D core.Amigamerlin R11 is using (unlike the official drivers) mesafx as default opengl renderer,so if you have problems with opengl,you shoud try another opengl driver (and maybe glide3x as well)..

Dekal

I have problems to play Unreal Tournament 2004 with Voodoo4 4500 in OpenGL. Direct3D is avaible but there are many bugs in textures. Maybe it is best i take a screenshot with that bugs.
Is it able to play that game in Glide-Mode?
AMD Athlon XP-M 2600+ @ 2606 MHz (1.938v) | modified Q-Link Vantec V4A-C7040 | Abit AN7 (nVidia nForce2 Ultra 400) | 2x512MB TwinMOS TwiSTER PC4000 CL2.5 | Voodoo4 4500 AGP | Western Digital WDC WD1600PD 160 GB | Enermax EG465AX-VE(G)FMA 465 Watt

Nightbird

QuoteI have problems to play Unreal Tournament 2004 with Voodoo4 4500 in OpenGL. Direct3D is avaible but there are many bugs in textures. Maybe it is best i take a screenshot with that bugs.
About UT2004 and D3D, the best is that you take scrennshoots

I tried UT2003 in Opengl but frankly, D3D was the best (was under Win9x)

You can't play UT2004 in Glide.
Only the first, you can.

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

ggab

QuoteOriginally posted by ggab

Race Driver Demo:

unstable in the  grand prix race (it looks up / crash  to desktop in 640*480 4 bpp, then u need to restart the pc)

i've tested only alpha 30.
it'd be better to have another member's test...

AM3.1r11 + a30 (v4500, wXP)

link:
ftp://ftp.gamesurf.de/pub/pc/rennspiel/dtm_race_driver/demo/racedriver_pc_demo_eng.zip

ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/pc/games/gamesdomain/demos/racedriver_pc_demo_eng.zip
with alpha 29 is better!, no lock ups :) (just 8 min of gameplay)

ggab

3DMark2000 has crashed with alpha 30 (is it unstable??)

default test hangs:

Image Insert:

247.87 KB

PS: i've retested with a29, and no problem at all...

Dekal

QuoteOriginally posted by Nightbird

QuoteI have problems to play Unreal Tournament 2004 with Voodoo4 4500 in OpenGL. Direct3D is avaible but there are many bugs in textures. Maybe it is best i take a screenshot with that bugs.
About UT2004 and D3D, the best is that you take scrennshoots

I tried UT2003 in Opengl but frankly, D3D was the best (was under Win9x)

You can't play UT2004 in Glide.
Only the first, you can.

Now i have used MesaFX v.6.2.0.1 for OpenGL in Unreal Tournament 2004. It worked very stable and has produced higher/more stable framerates than sfftalpha30. Quality with OpenGL was also better than with Direct3D. But both modes produces same bugs in textures. Maybe i must set higher texture detail. I will try it out and take a screenshot.
AMD Athlon XP-M 2600+ @ 2606 MHz (1.938v) | modified Q-Link Vantec V4A-C7040 | Abit AN7 (nVidia nForce2 Ultra 400) | 2x512MB TwinMOS TwiSTER PC4000 CL2.5 | Voodoo4 4500 AGP | Western Digital WDC WD1600PD 160 GB | Enermax EG465AX-VE(G)FMA 465 Watt

Nightbird

https://www.3dfxzone.it/news/reader.php?objid=1233

Alpha 31
What's new?

A SLI blt fix (Voodoo5)
Some fixes for default textures (Voodoo3/4/5)

:)

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Raff3DC

Yay, thx 4 info. Testing will start immediately ... ;-)

Just a stupid question: What means "SLI blt"? I think the problem with San Andreas (Single chip or 2xFSAA must be turned on to provide fluent gameplay) is a SLI problem. Does this have to do anything with that?

Greetings,
Raff

P.S: Thx @ osckhar for info. :)
The biggest Voodoo5 6000 test ever: http://3dcenter.de/artikel/voodoo5-6000/

Voodoo5

It's like owning a Radeon ati card, monthly driver updates [8D]

Who could have ever thought that so many years after the demise of 3dfx we are still here and getting frequent driver updates :D

Great job SFFT, your driver has come a long, long way and as you have asked for no monetary compensation for your time, effort and skills,  we (the 3dfx community)are very appreciative of your work ;)

Thanks man, you deserve it ;)

ares2029

I agree with voodoo5 the work is outstanding and efforts to keep the dream alive are good 3dfx owners all over the world love the drivers
thank u very much.
3DfX THE WAY ITS MENT TO BE  
USED.

MY Spec---> P4 2.80Ghz prescott
1024Mb PC3200 Geil Preformance Ram    B1219 ECS PF1 PHOTON P4 MOTHERBOARD 800FSB SATA
120Gb ata133 HDD sblive 5.1 BTC DVD/RW
3dFx Voodoo5 5500 PCI. :-)

Raff3DC

Yep, the SFFT Direct3D core is by far the best available -- it's definitely impressive.

I can just join my previous speakers: great job! With your drivers - in combination with MesaFX or WickedGL - the Voodoo5 stays alive and shows big power in some cases you wouldn't have thought it would even work at all!

Greetings,
Raff
The biggest Voodoo5 6000 test ever: http://3dcenter.de/artikel/voodoo5-6000/

roflkopp

Full Ack to the previous statements.

It's amazing,... I don't find the correct words to appreciate your great work.

But I'm courious about a few things:

x) Whats about forceable DXT,
x) and forcable 16bit rendering?
x) Do you have any plans to improve Voodoo5 compatibility (bumpmapping /pixelshader caps)
x) Would the graphics be fast enough if simple pixelshaders were calculated completely in software?

ps47

final fantasy7 (and probably 8 as well) still have that problem with some texures being black instead of transparent (voodoo3 alpha31). screenshot from a previous post

SuperFurryFurryThing

Have you tried Final Fantasy in DX7 Mode.

SFFT