VooDoo 4 4500 @166mhz problems...

Started by ahavasi, 11 February 2006, 12:10:31

Previous topic - Next topic

ahavasi

I think the Samsung (I hate samsung mems... I had one 512DDR samsung, and its a sh*t) mems on the card are not like overclocking...
AMD Athlon64 3200+@4200+, MSI K8N Neo4-F, 1gb Supertalent 480mhz, VooDoo 5 5500 Mac@PC

Mikulaish

The memory is not your problem. The GPU won't handle more. Just keep at stock frequency, and away from new motherboards.
P.S. And about working in a new motherboard: yes, it is not a surprise that it works, but it won't work for long if you continue to use it at 1.5v.
Best regards. ALpar

ahavasi

But he GPU is running whitout errors whit PASSIVE cooling?! and its stable at 180mhz (its very very buggi, but i think when the VSA 100 cant handle it, its going to froze. but its not froze!!)) Now im running the card on my 4x AGP mobo.
AMD Athlon64 3200+@4200+, MSI K8N Neo4-F, 1gb Supertalent 480mhz, VooDoo 5 5500 Mac@PC

Mikulaish

Hallod-e? Fogadd meg jo tanacsomat, es ne hasznald 8x-es AGP szlotban. Tenyleg ritka az a kartya es le fogod egetni azt is, meg az alaplapodat is.

Nightbird

QuoteOriginally posted by ahavasi

But he GPU is running whitout errors whit PASSIVE cooling?! and its stable at 180mhz (its very very buggi, but i think when the VSA 100 cant handle it, its going to froze. but its not froze!!)) Now im running the card on my 4x AGP mobo.
Ehm, i have also a PowerColor L-Card and the card has an active cooling (a fan).
If you get at 180 mhz something "buggy", i can't say that's stable.

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

ahavasi

Nem fogom 8x AGP-s lapban használni, mert a memókat már félig kinyírta. alig megy 166mhz-n (168-on már hibázik) (a 4x AGP-S lapban.) Ez olyan köcsögség, ha nem megy rendesen 1.5 Volton, akkor a ratyi PowerColor miért nem sima AGP 2x csatolót csinált neki?

Nightbird

Hum, guys, in short ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Mikulaish

Ezt ne tolem kerdezd. Van meg erre pelda. (ATI Rage Fury Maxx, V5 5500 4x, v5 5000 4x, stb.)<-they have 1.5v notch, but work only at 3.3v
The problem is, that powercolor cards work only @3.3v, allthough they have the extra notch, wich allows them to be used in 1.5v only mobos. This is not for me to know why they notched it. IMHO at that time there were no 1.5v only mobos, so they didn't know weather it worked right. They just supposed it would.
@ahavasi: if you don't like the fact that it is an agp 3.3v(2x) card, just start a topic saying you want to trade your L-card with a retail 3dfx Voodoo4 4500 (works perfectly at 1.5, 4x). I'm sure you'll find many people willing to trade.
Alpar

ahavasi

hmm... I dont know I want to trade my card...

Im tested the card whit Quake 3 Timedemo 1.

settings: WickedGL
         800x800 16bit
         All max details
         LOD -1.25

I Got 94.5 FPS :))) I think its very good