Q3D Obsidian2 SLI2 X-24 problem, W2K

Started by Avenger, 07 January 2004, 18:25:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Avenger

Mine is fixed, thanks to Koolsmoky. It was a conflict with my network card.

koolsmoky

I'm uploading what may help ppl experiencing desktop corruptions and memmap or mapmem errors. The fix is intended for all V2 cards, including Q3D Obsidian2.

The attachment contains bleeding-edge builds of Glide2 and Glide3 drivers from glide.sourceforge.net that Daniel and I have worked on. They should work without desktop corruptions. Also included are my modified windows miniport drivers which attempts to fix memmap or mapmem errors under win2k/xp.

Check out readme.txt before installing the drivers and post your feedbacks here. This is a test release! You have been warned. :D

Cheers,
KoolSmoky

edit: removed attachment

Nightbird

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

ps47

yes indeed,the glide2x fixes the desktop corruption for me (radeon9800pro)! great!
I can see that all reg setting are really ignored.is this permanent or just because the release is "beta"?

koolsmoky

QuoteOriginally posted by ps47

I can see that all reg setting are really ignored.is this permanent or just because the release is "beta"?
The function will be added sometime in the future. ATM you can always set the env vars from the system environment.

-KoolSmoky

ps47

[8D]thanks.
great work!;)

dborca

QuoteOriginally posted by ps47

is this permanent or just because the release is "beta"?
there will be a big (all-cards) glide3x release on sourceforge in the near future, so stay tuned. atm, we're working on revived code.
Regards,
Daniel Borca

ps47

hitman1 works with the new glide3x,but after exiting the game I have a black screen with frozen mouse (the pc however seems to be running,when I press alt+f4+enter it goes to sleep mode as usuall).the old glide3x (667) works,with an error message after exiting the game (some memory error,clicking ok is all I need to to)..

Avenger

My PC simply freezes or reboots when I exit Unreal Gold. I can however use ALT TAB and then terminate it with the taskmanager.

Glide

Newer Voodoo2 driver with Memmap fix is now on line: you can read setup info and grab it at this link: https://www.3dfxzone.it/news/reader.php?objid=579

This is an other great KoolSmoky work: I like thanks him here ;)

Good 3dfx gaming to all :)

Bye bye

Manuelson