GTA SA playable @ Voodoo5!

Started by roflkopp, 11 June 2005, 23:43:35

Previous topic - Next topic

-HoNY-

Hi, all.

SA it´s not playlebe on V5 at 800x600
I changed my V5 to GF2 amd set 640x480 at advanced options -> turn off computer -> V5 back to my comp and GTA: SA says: "800x600 32b not found" [?]Whats the matter? 640x480 on other card (GF2, FX5700, R9000, R9700)is no problem.

(sorry, my gramar is horible)[/size=3]

benna

i had the same problem: if i set with another graphic card any other resolution and after i run gta with the v5 the resolution automatically changes to 640x480x32
my PC:
AMD Athlon64 3200+ - ASUS K8V-Deluxe - 1GB DDR400 - 3DFX Voodoo 5 5500 PCI

3DAnalyze user guide http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/articles/template.php?id=5

roflkopp

I think we have to wait. AFAIK someone is writing a tool which allows to change resolution (and a few other settings) outside of GTA-SA...

CJ Jooou

There is a a way to get more speed On gta sa with Voodoo cards.
I have already posted the files with min graphic settings. But you can also try this. Type this cheat in the game. THGLOJ   This will reduce the game traffic and you will get about 5 FPS more.You can use this when you are passing a mission, and not playing for fun(no cars to blow away) heheh
PostalDude®
-----------
 <RWS>™

benna

i installed SFFT alpha33 and the game now is playable only with 3danalyzer version 2.34
my PC:

Mr.Towelie

First of all, sorry for reviving such an old thread :)
But did anyone manage to play GTA:SA /w a Voodoo 5500 (PCI in my case) with more than 1FPS ? i've tried both amigamerlin and SFFT (latest) and didn't manage to obtain a playable GTA:SA.
Any help would be appreciated.
Voodoo 1 | Voodoo 2 DiamondMonster | Voodoo Rush | Voodoo 4 4500 | Voodoo 5 5500 (all PCI)

benna

I managed to run GTA:SA at decent speed (~15fps), read this topic to know all the steps and configurations needed to run the game.
my PC:

DeAndreon

Hello! I've tried to start GTA SA with the settings that you have posted... I double click on the game and it start but the monitor became black and i have to exit with task manager... I've the last version of 3d-analyze... And i've copied the settings that you have posted in C:\Documents and Settings\DeAndreon\Documents\GTA User Files\.

Please, help me!

ms-dos

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr.Towelie

First of all, sorry for reviving such an old thread :)
But did anyone manage to play GTA:SA /w a Voodoo 5500 (PCI in my case) with more than 1FPS ? i've tried both amigamerlin and SFFT (latest) and didn't manage to obtain a playable GTA:SA.
Any help would be appreciated.

well i have not play the game but it might be that you have a pci voodoo 5500 or you pc is not fast enough to play the game (cpu ram hard drive speed)