Progress on TDFX driver...

Started by vykupitel, 01 July 2004, 13:23:50

Previous topic - Next topic

dborca

umm.. sorry, haven't got the time to toy with it...

some other news (might or might not be of any interest): the doom3 is tested and works with the TDFX driver, but only with shadows disabled. the build will be out in a few days.
Regards,
Daniel Borca

vykupitel

That is really good to hear that. Will it be available as binary package?
AthlonXP 1.86GHz@2.2GHz (barton), 1024MB PC400 RAM,MSI KT6-Delta LSR,
Voodoo5 6000 rev. 3700 A1 + Voodoo4 4200 AGP(Daytona) and many more...

dborca

QuoteOriginally posted by vykupitel

yes, namely tdfx_dri.so! i might release the patch, too... i dunno...
Regards,
Daniel Borca

Flash

QuoteOriginally posted by dborca

yes, namely tdfx_dri.so! i might release the patch, too... i dunno...

Damn ! I really want both SLI  and Doom3 support (Better SLI w/o Doom 3 than only Doom3, i have Win98 for that monster butt kickin' stuff). It's not good to have three chips just for more noise and heat. :D
Can you stop the hurricane ?

edmundoab

Hello,
i'm interested if there is any progress on DRI TDFX driver. I think that we still doesn't have SLI support on Linux. From Daniel I know that SLI support was planned and former 3dfx engineer have some idea how to implement it.
Maybe would be better to post it on DRI-mailing list,but on this community forum are also skilled developers.Maybe someone would help :)

hi , im in the forums already
Resolution for 2011 - Liquidating Collection!

http://www.3dfx.ch/gallery/collectors_edmundoab

dborca

QuoteOriginally posted by edmundoab

hi , im in the forums already
ehm... <scratches on the back of my head>... is this a good thing, or a bad thing?

ps: just kidding :D

pps: i have a bunch of nicknames - in my closet - from coder wannabees that made similar assertions. i ate them all. :D
Regards,
Daniel Borca

vykupitel

AthlonXP 1.86GHz@2.2GHz (barton), 1024MB PC400 RAM,MSI KT6-Delta LSR,
Voodoo5 6000 rev. 3700 A1 + Voodoo4 4200 AGP(Daytona) and many more...

edmundoab

hey, I still don't have the money to offer a purchase of the Rev 3 :(
sorry.

anyway, I don't know whether I am going to be good news or bad news in the forums.
But I am happy to meet other 3dfx enthusiast around.
At least I don't feel so odd that I am having a weird hobby, ( as what my friends labels me :( )
Resolution for 2011 - Liquidating Collection!

http://www.3dfx.ch/gallery/collectors_edmundoab

Nightbird

Do you know what's the tdfx driver ? [?]
You're off-topic...

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

piriu

Daniel, DRI part of Linux driver lacks a mantainer, so do you want to have these honor? And maybe you can implement in Linux: sofware rescaling and s3tc to NCC conversion, because with today computing power this could be a significant speed gain.

dborca

sorry, no progress in this area. i've been busy with other things.

QuoteOriginally posted by piriu

Daniel, DRI part of Linux driver lacks a mantainer, so do you want to have these honor? And maybe you can implement in Linux: sofware rescaling and s3tc to NCC conversion, because with today computing power this could be a significant speed gain.
1) sw rescaling will be done
2) NCC is not useful in any way. it is not part of any OpenGL spec, and cheating texture compression with NCC is a BadIdea -- too slow and too ugly. it will be completely removed from MesaFX, too! i think cheating with palette quantization can still be an option. the difference between NCC and palette is the size of codebook (which is not a problem, anyway)
3) technically, i _AM_ the maintainer of TDFX driver (obviously, since I did most of the important work in the recent past). if i ask Brian to put my name there, that won't help anyone more than it helps now. but would burden me instead, since i'd have to look at it regularly - and that might or might not be possible. i will think about it, tho...
Regards,
Daniel Borca