D3D problem

Started by unknownusermx, 05 November 2003, 07:39:31

Previous topic - Next topic

InSomNiaN

unknownusermx - go into your 3dfx-AA and change the direct3d FSAA to 'single chip only' then run your Direct 3d benches/games - let us know what happens    

[8D]

**Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.**
***ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!***

amp_man

ah, I never even though of that, nor did anyone else. Isn't there a way to try each individual chip in one driver version? i think I remember a "Second Chip Only" in some driver version I used, but it isn't AM 2.9.

When the sun goes down, the music turns up...

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card

unknownusermx

I'm gona try this tonigth..... and... by the way... I'm using the 3dfx official drivers ver. 1.04.00 for 9x....

The bios from my card could be a problem???...

‡«»«»¥»»±_§€®Ç}{_±««¥«»«»‡
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
PIII @ 600
ASUS P3V4X
288 SDRAM PC133
HDD Seagate 17.2 Gb
HDD Maxtor 20 Gb
SB Live! 5.1
Voodoo 5 5500 AGP
Win XP Pro

unknownusermx

InSomNiaN: with FSAA "Single Chip" in D3D Setting.. WORKS!!! [:0]

anybody can explain to me... why????.... and.. maybe this was the problem with XP too????[:(!]

PIII @ 600
ASUS P3V4X
288 SDRAM PC133
HDD Seagate 17.2 Gb
HDD Maxtor 20 Gb
SB Live! 5.1
Voodoo 5 5500 AGP
Win 98 SE

qrazi

that might indicate that one of your vsa100 chips is damaged....

ECS K7s5a@ 147 MHz, Athlon XP 1600+@1825+, Voodoo5 5500 @166 MHz, 512mb pc3200

ElvIsAlive007

sugar man you need to delte the 3dfx reg setting and reload diffrent drivers

try Omega 02 set

unknownusermx

QuoteOriginally posted by qrazi

that might indicate that one of your vsa100 chips is damaged....

but.. only for D3D apps???... because in opengl I tried 2x and 4x in some games and works without problems...[B)]

QuoteOriginally posted by ElvIsAlive007

sugar man you need to delte the 3dfx reg setting and reload diffrent drivers

try Omega 02 set

I do this every time that I install a new drivers... and... ok... I'll chek with Omega drivers.... thnx..

Saludos :D

PIII @ 600
ASUS P3V4X
288 SDRAM PC133
HDD Seagate 17.2 Gb
HDD Maxtor 20 Gb
SB Live! 5.1
Voodoo 5 5500 AGP
Win 98 SE

unknownusermx

Elvis

I install Omegadrivers 1.02 SPECIAL.... D3D works good at 2x FSAA... I'm go to try it with GTA3....

I don't understand what the hell is happening... with all the other drivers d3d doesn't work... but this.. runs well.... at this point.. the glide part is no tried... I'm gonna chk it after.... firs my D3D games... thnx!

Any body can explain to me what's happening??.. plz.... I'm really confused with all this...

Saludos [^]

unknownusermx

whit omega drivers... glide doesn't work.....  [xx(]

lecram25

Then keep the Omega's and replace the Glide files with Koolsmoky's latestbuild...
| AMD Athlon XP (Barton) 2800+ @ 3200+ (11x200) | Cooler Master Jet 7 | ABIT NF7-S Rev 2.0 (nForce 2) | Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 | Sapphire ATi Radeon 9500np>9700np | Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1 | 3dfx VoodooTV 200 PCI | Western Digital 40GB & 120GB HDD | Pioneer 106s DVD | LG 52x24x52 CDRW | Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Theater 5.1 DTT3500 Digital Speakers |

wobegong

You have been having exactly the same problem as me my friend!
Windows XP Professional - Clean Install - DX9.0b loaded - AmigaMerlin installed exactly as per instructions - Glide runs great - OpenGL runs great - Direct3D hangs the machine.

Other forums are posting simialr problems with this driver - I use an Intel Mobo so not VIA chipset but of course I believe I may well switch back to Windows 2000 and just use the 3dfx driver as the alternative of "Use Koolsmokey's Glide, FreezeMonkeys OpenGL and Megadeaths D3D drivers except for Blah Game where you will need to run Cyberpunks wrapper or Doh Game where you will need to run x-3d's Glide mega zoom driver...." is just too much of a pain.....
Tyan Tiger S2668 | 1Gb Dual Channel DDR PC2100 | Dual Xeon 2.4Ghz Hyperthreading | FX5800 Ultra AGP 8x DDRII | Voodoo5 5500 PCI | Windows XP Prof & Suse Linux Prof 9.0

unknownusermx

It's freaky.... and... I still without understand what's happening..

When I install XP the first time (when this OS was released) I used Voodoo Alpha drivers for XP and D3D works really good... after i used 3dfxunderground/3dhq drivers... and D3D works only for some days...

anyway... the last time that I made a clean install from WinXP my first 3drparty drivers was AmigaMerlin 3.0... I guess that d3d has to work good, but isn't... and I formated my pc again and install win98se... I had the hope that d3d works good but isn't!!!... I use the original 3dfx drivers... and tried too with am2.9.... and d3d still without work...

when I install omegadrivers 1.02 d3d works without problems... and... I was confused... any way.. I was looking for some omegadrivers for XP but doesn´t exist, only for 2k... I was wondering reinstall XP, because is more friendly for the other users in my home and doesn't hang up too many times like win98...

The point is that d3d works on XP only when I use Single Chip on the D3D FSAA setting... in other way doesn't work.... some people in this forum and in VF forum said to me that my V5 had a VSA chip damage... ok... it's possible... but why with omega drivers I can use FSAA 2x and 4x without problems??... maybe this drivers have a kind of "special" setting.. or maybe could be a setting in my D3D part... I don't know....

If somebody can explain to me why this happend, I'll appreciate it...

wobegong

Ywep I foubd ou that Single Chip mode in D3D only works fine - this actually isnt single chip though so I think the problem is in the drivers for Fastest - I on't think it actaully is running single chip as 3dmark2001 score for me is over 2000 - I think this score is ballpark for V5 - if it was only running single chip wold expect the score to be lower.

Solution? - Set D3D in tools to Single Chip.

Amiga - If you are reading this any thoughts?
Tyan Tiger S2668 | 1Gb Dual Channel DDR PC2100 | Dual Xeon 2.4Ghz Hyperthreading | FX5800 Ultra AGP 8x DDRII | Voodoo5 5500 PCI | Windows XP Prof & Suse Linux Prof 9.0

unknownusermx

Hola [:p]

Ok... I install Win XP again and install AM 3.0... When I put the D3D FSAA Setting to Faster Performance (something like that... in this moment I'm not on my PC)and I do any test my screen looks up and show a lot of lines...and is needed restar the PC [:(!] but If I change to 2x or 4x  FSAA I can see the image (Direct X Cube or the animation in Wizmark), but when the test is finished my PC froze and a few seconds after (30 to 50) I get a error message....[V]

any way... I want to know why with omega drivers under win 98 D3D works good, even in 4x mode....[B)]

bloodworm

what 3dfx tools are you running to set up 2x and 4x?  It sounds like you're getting all of your 3dfx toolsets mixed up and that is the real problem....
Bloody Mess