D3D problem

Started by unknownusermx, 05 November 2003, 07:39:31

Previous topic - Next topic

unknownusermx

Bloodworm,

I don't remember the Tools ver., but they come with the full package of AM 3.0 XP...[}:)]

What u mean when u say mixed toolset??... If I undestand well, ur saying that maybe all my other tools version is mixed with this new?, or is other thing???...

I was thinking something about Omegadrivers, when I was using this in Win 98SE and I star a D3D game I get my screen with a blue color, I see all good but with more blue in the colors. So, it´s possible that Omega made this drivers using a kind of wrapper from D3D to Glide/opengl, because this color I was only geting in Glide/OpenGl games... This could be possible??... any developer that could explain it... thnx...[B)]
‡«»«»¥»»±_§€®Ç}{_±««¥«»«»‡
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Nightbird

- Did you try your Voodoo 5 on an other PC ?
- In your bios :
* Can you look your Agp Aperture Size ?
* Verify also that Video BIOS Cache and Video BIOS Shadow are disabled
- What's your power supply (watts)?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

unknownusermx

QuoteOriginally posted by Nightbird

- Did you try your Voodoo 5 on an other PC ?
- In your bios :
* Can you look your Agp Aperture Size ?
* Verify also that Video BIOS Cache and Video BIOS Shadow are disabled
- What's your power supply (watts)?

Nightbird,

thnx for reply.. I'll answere ur questions:

AGP Aperture Size -- I change it to 32mb
Video BIOS cache and Shadow are both disable
The p/s from my PC is 350 Watts in a ATX tower, working at 115 v.

saludos [B)]

Nightbird

and did you or can you try your V5 in an other pc ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

bloodworm

also, have you tried reseating your video card?  It sounds more like a power problem to me if it is working "sometimes".  your fans may be slowing down or dirty as well.
Bloody Mess

unknownusermx

mmm.. in other PC... thiw will be impossible at the moment... a few weeks ago I tried it, but the PC doesn't support the video card... I need to found another PC with AGP 2.0 compilant port....

And... I'll go to change the Fans from my v5... and I let u know when I have some comments...

Saludos [B)]

unknownusermx

Hola a Todos! [:p]

FeLiZ nAvIdAd y PrOsPeRo AñO nUeVo :D

We'll.... at this moment is impossible change the FAN's from my GPU's... any way.... Right now I'm having problems with Glide and OpenGl, I use the best settings for AM 3 published on 3dfxzone site and my games (well... the only 2 that i tried at this point) works slowly, this games are Quake 3 Arena and NFS 5 Porsche unleashed. I reset the settings to factory defaul and my games doesn't ran... by the way.. I'm using MesaFX 0.51d (only the glide3x.dll)

Thnx.... Q sE lA pAsEn RiCo [B)]

unknownusermx

My V5 is dead now [xx(]

OpenGl only works in single chip mode now.... I can't use FSAA in D3D and in OpenGl either....

Mmmm....[:(]

samuraiboy

well your voodoo5 is like a voodoo4 now... tough luck...

unknownusermx

not completly... at this point... i reload drivers and don't made any change on the settings and OpenGl/Glide works in SLI mode... but D3D only works in Single Chip... anyway.... I prefer my GL games...

bloodworm

try an agP aperture size of 64Mb or greater (even though it doesn't do anything for the V5).  I had problems with some things when I tried to set mine lower than 64Mb.  I think this is a directx problem.
Bloody Mess