SFFT alpha drivers - V3/4/5 - Join to Testing

Started by Glide, 22 May 2004, 17:02:06

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJohnKerrys

Just grabbed 1.6 and its working fine on Quake3..But theres now no render option in the games system settings..Is that normal??

Biostar P4SFA Ver 3.0 SIS650 chipset
P4 1.7/256/400
512mb DDR333@266
3DFX Voodoo3 2000 16mb AGP
Cheapie 1$ pan-land Red PCB Creative Vibra128 PCI
winsys 300w PSU
Unknown MidATX case

m14radu

I miss the self instalation procedure for the sfft drivers.
In xp there is no problem to rewrite the drivers...in win7 ultimate i can't go back to a previous version of the driver...
I try to go back to 1.5 sfft whitout luck.

Btw. Everytime i change the drivers the whole system , xp or seven, goes away....i have to reinstal a fresh copy of the os...thats the only cleaning way....with the drive cleaner is not always ok.
Any sugestion ??
To be honest, i hate this behaviour [:(!]

Tested games:
Quake3 - ok
Wolfenstein - ok
Rune - ok
Pariah: see below !

Follow your dreams !

SuperFurryFurryThing

Un-install the driver via control panel Add/remove software option and select the SFFT driver installed package and un-install it. There will be an option for un-installing software packages under Win7 Control Panel aswell, although it will probably have a different name.

m14radu

Thanks SFFT !

Is there a possibility to integrate into the drivers also the 3dfx tool ?

I miss always with the driver instalation the tools that allows me to change the AA, LOD and so on...!
An overclocking tab would be great too :)
[:p][:p][:p]

Follow your dreams !

SuperFurryFurryThing

I was under the impression that the 3dfx tools don't work under XP and later. I thought that they edit the wrong registry key.

m14radu

3dfx tools work under xp. Its come together with amigamerlin driver r3.1. This is the working version that i know.
Follow your dreams !

SuperFurryFurryThing

I wouldn't assume that the tools work simply because they are supplied with Amigermerlin R3.1. The last version I tried didn't work.

Sfft

m14radu

i will install the tools now, and see what's happent.

L.E.

the 3dfx tools are installed. i can only adjust the resolution and the refresh freqvency.
The 3dfx hub is not functioning....:(

Btw: I try to start Duke Nukem forever :):):):)
The game start...but there is nothing to see on the screen. You can hear in the background the shootings and voices....
The game don't exit with a "fatal error" ....it's running !
I tried also different settings in 3DAnalyse..but i did not manage to get the image too.......
Follow your dreams !

m14radu

NFS underground is working without graphical problems.

The resolution can't be changed anymore in the game....i dunno why...
Follow your dreams !

m14radu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyu7KLdwrPE

only under xp i get this kind of error.
It looks like a sli error and it apears when the fsaa is switched from no aa to 4x or 8x aa and back to no aa!
The picture is fragmented and the parts are cleary visible. After some seconds the display start to flash and finaly remain black.

@SFFT: can you please take a look at this phenomen ?

In win98se with the original 3dfx drivers the phenomen is not present.

If other user encounter the same error please mention this here.

The phenomen apear with the sfft 1.5; sfft 1.6, amigamerlin 3R.11 and Koolsmokey drivers
Follow your dreams !

Glide

Good news for us:

https://www.3dfxzone.it/news/reader.php?objid=15738

It's time of SFFT 1.7 :)

Of course, thanks in advance for your feedback about new fixes and issues, as well as about the driver performances and compatibility.

Please specify some details of your test system (basically OS, chipset, cpu and Voodoo).

Bye bye

m14radu

Great News !

Thanks SFFT for the new release and for the SFFT Tools too !
Now we can change the FSAA in windows7 :D

Unfortunately i am not at home now but i will test them as soon as i return !

Keep up the good work !

@Osckhar: i believe that SFFT fix the driver issue for the agp2Pci adapter :)....give a shoot mate !
Follow your dreams !

sirkoz

Thank you so much SFFT, for your continuous effort in making this driver better and better.

One suggestion: could you please include the mode 1680x1050 in default .inf, I know how to add it myself but I thought since 1920x1080 is in - why not this one.

And one question: any news on the hidden surface removal option - is it rational to expect it someday enabled by default for all apps Glide, DX, OGL? [:I]

Regards
SirkoZ

kukucs

m14radu

Well done, i manage to install the SFFT 1.7 and the SFFT Tools.
The driver works so far very well, and the best is that the SFFT Tool allows now to switch in Win7 the AntiAliasing ( noAA, 2xAA, 4xAA ).
It's work fantastic :D

I tested the following games:

Half Life2 - didn't work, same error as with the previous version of SFFT 1.6.

3Dmark2001 - works very good. I test it with the 4XAA and no AA.
The score speak alone.

Duke Nukem Forever..yes..the game start as with the previous version of SFFT, the sound is running but no image....

Need For Speed Underground - runs very well.

No AA

4xAA

4xAA

4xAA

No AA

4xAA

The game running with 4xAA reminds me the god old NFS Porsche game in glide mode :D....

Pariah - some texture errors, like with the old SFFT driver version.

4xAA

No AA

Odd is that the gun is visible in the game, but the PrintScreen button did not copy it ...

Unreal Tournament 2003 - works great !

4xAA

Unreal Tournament 2004 - works great !

4xAA

Angry Birds - is not working, the application block the PC and only a reboot save the moment :)

Serious Sam 2 - is not working.
Serious Sam 1 - works well.
Stalker - Prebuild Alpha 1154 - works well with no AA and with 4xAA.
Call of Duty 2 - is not working.
Call of Duty 1 -  works well with no AA and with 4xAA.
Alien vs Predator - works well.
Rune -  works well with no AA and with 4xAA.

SFFT Tools - i would have a sugestion here. The application did not start automaticaly with windows, so that it must be started manualy every time with administrator rights....

My Test System: Phenom 9850Be, 4Gb Ram, Voodoo5 5500 PCI, Windows7 Ultimate.

Many Thanks SFFT for this new driver version and the SFFT Tool !
Keep up the good work !
[:p][:p][:p]
Follow your dreams !