New driver set for Voodoo2 and Voodoo4/5 on WinXP

Started by Web Staff, 10 July 2007, 13:26:00

Previous topic - Next topic

osckhar

V6k + AGP2PCI works perfect under Windows XP. [8D] I have tried different FSAA without problem. :D

Oscar

ggab

excellent news osc!

have a GREAT time ;)

voodoo power! via 3dfxzone.it's boards :)

roflkopp

QuoteOriginally posted by koolsmoky
:) Anyone try it out, yet?

Yes. It's working perfectly...

ggab

hi, may i ask a regedit addon to have the Vertical sync option (enable/disable/software contolled) available in D3D mode in 3dfx tools, it shows in glide/ogl only...

thank you.

koolsmoky

QuoteOriginally posted by ggab

hi, may i ask a regedit addon to have the Vertical sync option (enable/disable/software contolled) available in D3D mode in 3dfx tools, it shows in glide/ogl only...

Hi ggab,

Set SSTH3_SWAPINTERVAL to 0 to disable V-Sync. Or you could use the attached vsync.inf to make it show up in 3dfx tools.

USAGE: Under Windows Explorer, or when the file is on the Windows desktop, right click on the file then choose "Install".

-KoolSmoky

Download Attachment: vsync.zip
1.16 KB

koolsmoky

Hi guys,

I've been recieving PMs regarding riser card + V56K combo compatibility so I'm posting answers here.

The riser card that is known to work with the V56K is the "Kuroutoshikou CHANGE-AGP2PCI". Several people have confirmed that the V56K is fully functional. Moreover, Osckhar has successfully modded the riser card to run at 66MHz PCI bus speed which is the fastest bus speed that the V56K accepts. For instructions and jumper settings see:
http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6728
http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6256

Other riser cards will mostly likely work, however information is lacking. So if anyone has a riser card working with any of the VSA cards please post them here. Info regarding PCI-E riser cards would be especially useful.

For win2k/xp, the Voodoo5 driver posted at the top of this thread will work with a riser card if the V56K is detected by the system. Other win2k/xp drivers have a bug that makes the card fail with most system configurations and is not foolproof.

-KoolSmoky

ggab

thanks koolsmoky :)

PS: i'm really glad to see Osckhar's New World Record with his V6k + AGP2PCI !!!

osckhar

@KoolSmoky,
8xFSAA does not work well. When It is enabled V6k only works to 4xFSAA.

Oscar

ggab

i got severe 2D graphic display issues with photoshop...

sshot:

in opera's browser too, but i hardly ever have them (in tabs)...

PS: v4500 agp,wXPsp2, same config as glide64's tests

thanks

ggab

if i use sfft a48...... no 2D issues...

[:(]

please, anyone with a copy of photoshop, test my issue (zoom an image, browse the menues....)

thanks

koolsmoky

QuoteOriginally posted by osckhar
8xFSAA does not work well. When It is enabled V6k only works to 4xFSAA.
First of all, let me just say that I only have time to deal with Glide/OpenGL and they have been tested to work with 8xFSAA. Give me some screen shots that illustrates your problem.

QuoteOriginally posted by ggab
got severe 2D graphic display issues with photoshop...
Remove SSTH3_VIDEO_REFRESH_OPTIMIZATION if you have any set.

Besure to read my previous post:

5. Be sure you do not have any old registry setting left from prior drivers under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
\3dfxvs\Device*" or under its subkeys.

-KoolSmoky

osckhar

@KoolSmoky,
Check it:

3DMark2001Se + V6k (AGP2PCI)

- KoolSmoky beta driver:
NO FSAA - 5025Points
2xFSAA - 3705Points
4xFSAA - 2250Points
8xFSAA - 2250Points

Collin McRae 2 + V6k (AGP2PCI)

- KoolSmoky beta driver:
NO FSAA - Timedemo 90sec - 94 AVG.
2xFSAA - Timedemo 90sec - 56 AVG
4xFSAA - Timedemo 90sec - 29 AVG
8xFSAA - Timedemo 90sec - 29 AVG

Oscar

koolsmoky

QuoteOriginally posted by osckhar

@KoolSmoky,
Check it:

3DMark2001Se + V6k (AGP2PCI)

- KoolSmoky beta driver:
NO FSAA - 5025Points
2xFSAA - 3705Points
4xFSAA - 2250Points
8xFSAA - 2250Points

Collin McRae 2 + V6k (AGP2PCI)

- KoolSmoky beta driver:
NO FSAA - Timedemo 90sec - 94 AVG.
2xFSAA - Timedemo 90sec - 56 AVG
4xFSAA - Timedemo 90sec - 29 AVG
8xFSAA - Timedemo 90sec - 29 AVG

Oscar
What 3D API does it use? As I've said before, I only have time for Glide/OpenGL (READ: Spare my time to google. If you think I have reduntant time, you're on crack.[:p]) It would be helpful to provide detailed info as much as possible, demo links, screenshots, etc. I see that your numbers for 4x and 8xFSAA doesn't change, but it doesn't necessary mean that 8xFSAA isn't working. Give me some screenshots that illustrates your problem.

-KoolSmoky

osckhar

QuoteWhat 3D API does it use? As I've said before, I only have time for Glide/OpenGL (READ: Spare my time to google. If you think I have reduntant time, you're on crack.) It would be helpful to provide detailed info as much as possible, demo links, screenshots, etc. I see that your numbers for 4x and 8xFSAA doesn't change, but it doesn't necessary mean that 8xFSAA isn't working. Give me some screenshots that illustrates your problem.

-KoolSmoky
Sorry, both games are D3D. 8xFSAA works perfectly using API Glide, when 8xFSAA is enabled under D3D it works like 4xFSAA. I will try to get some SShots.

Thank you,
Oscar

Pedersen123

Hi everybody!
I have a problem with my game/Graphic. When i are gonna play a game ex counter-strike then i can only play in Software mode. And  i wan't to play with OpenGL.
It's only works with openGL. COUD SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME TO FIND A DRIVER TO OPENGL OR SOMETHING. PLEASE

I have a 3dfx Voodoo4 4500 - AGP