Started by omega_supreme, 21 February 2004, 19:57:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightbird

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Obi-Wan Kenobi

QuoteOriginally posted by Nightbird

http://www.sudhian.com/showdocs.cfm?aid=413&pid=1455  ;)
Absolutely that's where I remembered that nice info :D Oh man What a Voodoo5 6000 Ownage here:

http://images.sudhian.com/review/Voodoo5%206000/SS1024&1600.gif

Those V5 6K's punch alot of power actually, wouldn't mind having one though[^], got 27 3dfx cards now in my 3Dfx/3dfx collection and yeah need to buy a new IKEA Glas Table for the extra storage space ! lol :D Those tables give my room an extra 3dfx touch.

My favourite Voodoo remains the Voodoo5 5000 AGP Rev 3700 AO. The one Rolo has[8D]. That is quite a very Rare card. It's not as long as a 5500 AGP but it's size is just perfect and it has SGRAM instead of SDRAM and only 16MB SGRAM per VSA-100. In other words:
"I would love to have one of those Voodoo5 5000 AGP cards". :

3dfx Voodoo5 5000 AGP 32MB SGRAM Rev 3700 AO:

P.S.
How's the weather in France by the way? I'll be go'n there for the 9th time in my life for hollydays again this year;)
Powered By The Force, x-3dfx & The Jedi Academy

omega_supreme

Hmmm rolo hé? i think i still have a nice interview of him with his v5 6000. I think it was from PCGamer hardware. I always wanted the voodoo but i never thougt i would get a real oppurtunity like this! :D When i first read the 6k had a grand total of 128 mb, when 32 was still the standard a was amazed by its power. When i heard i was cancelled i was very disapointed. When it was time for a new pc i decided to wait until a card would appear with the same kind of power.
I was a gf ti4600. I still like that card but i like the 6k more!
Anyway you said you had 27 3dfx cards :| thats sure a lot of em. Do you also have the company flag? That would be pretty behind your 3dfx collection :P

Nightbird

QuoteMy favourite Voodoo remains the Voodoo5 5000 AGP Rev 3700 AO. The one Rolo has. That is quite a very Rare card. It's not as long as a 5500 AGP but it's size is just perfect and it has SGRAM instead of SDRAM and only 16MB SGRAM per VSA-100.
He, he i understand perfectly because i own one also :)

QuoteP.S.
How's the weather in France by the way? I'll be go'n there for the 9th time in my life for hollydays again this year
It depends on the region, in mine it rains often but better in the south  ;)

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

amp_man

lol, company flags are rarer than V5 6ks...
When the sun goes down, the music turns up...

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card

Rolo01

QuoteHmmm rolo hé? i think i still have a nice interview of him with his v5 6000. I think it was from PCGamer hardware

Yes, that was me. This interview was a nice experience, because those guys from the magazine were 3dfx fanboys, too.

ps47

hey,there is a bios update that enables athlon3000xp 333fsb support for  KT3 Ultra2 mobos,I have bought one right now,just to be sure..

NitroX infinity

I wonder how much 3dmark 2k1se points that gets you with a V5 5500 :P

ps47

..actually,I plan to buy a v5 6k in 2005,and coupled with this mobo and 3000xp cpu I will reach the ultimate voodoo heaven..

Obi-Wan Kenobi

QuoteOriginally posted by ps47

..actually,I plan to buy a v5 6k in 2005,and coupled with this mobo and 3000xp cpu I will reach the ultimate voodoo heaven..

Well to reach the Ultimate Voodoo heaven you would need a AGP to PCI converter and combine that with your Voodoo5 6000 a AMD Athlon64 FX 53 based system [:p][:p][:p] And dream on I'd say. Then Unreal Tournament Game Of The Year Edition should be playable at 1024x768x16 [Glide] with FSAA x8, or even at 1024x768x32 [D3D or OpenGL] with FSAA x8  [:0][:o)]:) I think that 47 to 52 Frames per sec could be possible.