http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1859

2 pictures : 1600*1200 and + 365 ko and + 430 ko
[:p]

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Vanilias Ronk

m14radu

have tried somebody to put an otes cooling on a voodoo?
otes=outside thermal exhaust system, maded by abit company
whitch alternative are to keep cool the back side of a voodoo?
:)
see ya.
Follow your dreams !

trigger

Nice photos of the titan coolers m14radu!

Any more details on how well these guy's went on. Straight forward was it?

I'm not so much into the lights as much as I'm into the cooling side of things.

These fans are by far the best that I've seen around.

Thanks for the POST!
Voodoo5 5500 AGP
Voodoo5 5500 PCI DVI x3 (exorcised MAC cards)
Voodoo4 4500 PCI
Voodoo2 1000 PCI x4 (two boxed and factory sealed)
Voodoo1
miroHISCORE 3D
Canopus PURE3D

m14radu

the montage was not so easy because of the coolers was to big and hit the capacitors located in the middle of the board.
so i have to cut a little bit from this.
in the foto you cant see this.
the cooling solution is ok, but the backside of cips gets preety hot in games.
any solution how to keep cool the back side ?
aditional coler maybe?

thanx.
Follow your dreams !

.SLeEP

Hi guys, I run my V5500 AGP with two Termaltake Tornado Orb Socket A coolers since August 2005. Have a look here:

Image Insert:

78.37 KB

Image Insert:

93.84 KB

With those two coolers it is possible to cool the VSA100s completely passive. I didn't remove the fans though because I needed the black plastic case of the fans for the cable ties that hold the coolers on the GPUs. I was very sceptical at the beginning if this would work out, especially because the coolers are pretty heavy and the card is of course mounted with the coolers hanging downwards, but everything worked out fine.

I bought those coolers on eBay, a pack of 5 for 8€ or so, so it was the cheapest solution for me. I came to this rather monstrous solution, because I wanted to build an oldschool gaming PC that was very silent, and because a friend of mine tried to cool his V5500 with two passive coolermaster northbridge coolers, I don't remember the exact name, but they were passive Heatsinks like the Zalman NB32 and this dind't work out very well. He had to mount an additional 80mm fan which blows onto the headsink, otherwise the card would overheat pretty fast in 3D mode.

.SLeEP

As you can see in this picture the Tornado Orbs have some sort of mounting thread at the bottom where the original Socket A mounting plate was screwed on. That's why they absolutely don't interfere with any components on the card, because they reach their full diameter at ~8mm above GPU level...

Image Insert:

69.52 KB

TelemachusRhade

hehehe nice... I bet that Voodoo is the only thing you have in your case [8D] I mean... Look at the size of this 'boobies' they must take all the space in your case (taking out a possibility to instal some PCI devices by the way :D)

Summarising: Very nice :D
(\_/)
(O.o) This is Bunny.
(> <) Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

.SLeEP

well, actually I use it on a MSI 6167 SlotA Mobo together with one SbLive 4.1 PCI Soundcard, a D-Link Gigabit PCI NIC, and one "oldschool" Realtek 10Mbit ISA NIC with BNC connector - hrhrhr:D.

But you're right, that Cooling Solution blocks 3 PCI slots...

trigger

.SLeEP  ......that's fricken awesome dude! Nice one! :D

I guess you could hook those fan lines up to a switch if ever you wanted extra cooling power! Or would that ever be needed?

Did you use any thermal paste and those are cable ties right?

Still interested to hear from TM30 with his voodoo3 heatsinks and how well they worked pasively...
Voodoo5 5500 AGP
Voodoo5 5500 PCI DVI x3 (exorcised MAC cards)
Voodoo4 4500 PCI
Voodoo2 1000 PCI x4 (two boxed and factory sealed)
Voodoo1
miroHISCORE 3D
Canopus PURE3D

.SLeEP

Yes, those are cable ties. I used some old Arctic Silver 3 Thermal Paste I had lying around.

I did this mod back in August 2005, and so far, didn't have any problems with it.

By the way, the PC is running pretty much 24/7, I use it as some kind of server...and of course occasionally for some oldschool gaming.

The two fans are currently not connected. The Voodoo is running completely passive. I also tried them at 5V (they are of course 12V fans). You don't really hear them at 5V, so this would be a good option if you want to use this mod in a case thats badly ventilated. But since passive is enough for me, I didn't connect them at all...

Obi-Wan Kenobi

QuoteOriginally posted by m14radu

check out my new modded voodoo
../public/uploaded/m14radu/200510121746_P1010008.JPG
turn off the light and ....
../public/uploaded/m14radu/2005101211248_P1010009.JPG
titan cooler ttc-cuv3ab

now that is the coolest mod ever seen yet on a Voodoo5 5500 AGP looks frikk'n cool man!!! [8D]:D[:I]