Previous topic - Next topic

Nightbird

i wonder if the driver is correctly installed

Network powered by 3Dfx and AMD

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Bowser

I'm sure they are, I tried to reinstall many times and many different drivers, from windows control panel and using the install software, but the only stable is the WinXP default driver (the one that do not have GLide/OpenGL).

But my doubt is: why do not develop banshee XP drivers based on winXP drivers instead of modifying the Win2K drivers? Is that possible? I would do it myself but I have no idea how to do that :(

Glide

Many, many people use anofficial drivers with good results so you could control your hw and sw configuration for issue (hardware IRQ sharing, registry corruption due to multiple driver installs etc...)

Let us know.

Bye bye

Bowser

QuoteOriginally posted by Glide

Many, many people use anofficial drivers with good results so you could control your hw and sw configuration for issue (hardware IRQ sharing, registry corruption due to multiple driver installs etc...)

Let us know.

Bye bye

I dont see any IRQ in the video card propreties window, how can I change it then? :(

heilimo

Hello

I have same kind of problem with my Monster Fusion AGP. Screen gets badly messed up, icons get broken, taskbar stays black and mouse moves very oddly. Seems that display update depends on input from mouse or keyboard and nothing happens if I don't do anything with those. Pointer is badly behind mouse movements and only solution is to use 'Windows' button (for once it is useful..) and shutdown or restart system.

Previous happens IF I have color depth setting to 16bits AND I have "Enable write combining" checked in display settings. Apparently resolution does not matter, same happens using any resolution between 800x600 and 1280x1024.
If I have color depth 24bits or 32bits everything seems to work ok with "Enable write combining" checked.

I've done clean install (to my best knowledge) using 3dfxzone.it drivers and also tried raziel (not clean if I recall right).

Most of the time I've had default timings (100/100?), recently I used v.control to change timings to 115/125 and everything runs ok. And faster.

Hardware: Monster Fusion AGP 16Mb, Abit BX6 with last bios, PIII 600E (100MHz x 6, AGP timing 2/3), 256Mb mem, XP Pro SP1, DirectX 9.0b.

Problems started when I upgraded Celeron 300A (450Mhz (100MHz x 4,5, AGP 2/3)) to PIII.

I tried running PIII 400MHz (66 x 6, AGP timing 2/3) but that didn't solve the problem. So it should not be directly connected to processor speed as Celeron 450Mhz is quite same as that. I think that problem is some thing that PIII does differently that Celeron.

I Installed XP with Celeron, could that be the cause of problems? If screen update is somehow connected to mouse movements does that tell about some issue with chipset drivers being wrong becouse of changed processor type?

Before XP I used 98SE (with Celeron) for many years and no problems with it.

"Second" ;) question is about Direct3D. Wizmark test (included in 3dfxzone.it driverset) won't run. Dxdiag also tells me that I don't have Direct3D available. DirectX was installed when I had "default" xp-drivers in use. Could that be cause? Glide2x and 3x test go ok. WickedGL driver runs when I select OpenGL in game.

Jukka

Nightbird

i have some difficulties to understand you ;)
in short what's happened ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community