3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

3dfx Hardware & Software
 General Discussions
 glide3x BETA which comes with MesaFX
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

45 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2004 :  17:50:51  Show Profile  Visit Flash's Homepage  Send Flash an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Don't copy this glide3x to %windir%\system, it's definitely not a good idea.
Why ? It's early beta and it's buggy like hell, for example try to run Tribes 2 with MesaFX and this DLL - lots of gfx bugs... Same UT2K3 - sky on DM-Antalus is broken, various errors with Glide64, texture bugs in Unreal. So, copy this dll to game directory instead, if all works fine - use it as this dll is faster than 30303, bugs - try to delete this glide3x.dll
and use older 30303 until bugs in 40404 will be fixed

Can you stop the hurricane ?

545 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2004 :  20:49:58  Show Profile  Visit amp_man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How about posting this on the sourceforge page, in the bugs section? That would be much more useful than putting it here. I think it's use is similar to MesaFX, use it only when it gives better performance
Go to Top of Page

1461 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2004 :  22:58:54  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
this is old news...

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables

Edited by - ps47 on 04/04/2004 16:12:43
Go to Top of Page

294 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2004 :  08:57:04  Show Profile  Visit ggab's Homepage  Send ggab an ICQ Message  Click to see ggab's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Flash, can u be more specific of the bugs or various errors with Glide64, please?
cause in win xp, i found a rare bug, in
but, i don't know why now i dont get that issue.. only now i have "Glide Splash Screen" enabled... from regedit,, i can't set Value to 1 (disabled) cause it's the same, without 3dfx tools.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Contact Us

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums