a rare glide3x bug? 1964emu , glide64, winXP & v3

Started by ggab, 06 February 2004, 08:08:24

Previous topic - Next topic

ggab

the first time u run the emu (0.99) and load a game with glide64 v0.5 video plugin, the screen has some artifact bugs: glide3x from amigasport3 and others glide3x i try, all the some bug, and only in XP happens, not in 9x.
Also i tried with the compatibility mode (to choose 98/me win2000, etc) and no matter i choose, all the same. :-(
The screen has some pieces of white boxes in some little areas (about 5*10 pixels in 4 places at the hole screen), there will be there until u press ESC and return game or exit that game and open again.
i'll draw an example, X are the white boxes that are in the screen, also there are flashing at about a refresh of 1 or 1,5hz, and the " . " points are normal pixels in screen, the image are correct, only affects the little rectangules in the screen that stay there forever, until you do the 2 tips above...
No image can't post, because with Screen capture "F12 key" doesn't appear in the bmp file.

------------------------------------------
|.........................................|
|....x....................................|
|................................x........|
|..............x..........................|
|.......................x.................|
------------------------------------------
this is a very rare bug, somebody have this bug too?
my spec:
voodoo3 + amigasport3 video driver (from www.3dfxzone.it) + xp sp1 + athon 1700+ + via kt266a (DDR)

EDIT: i have change/update some info...

Glide

Did you already try running emulator in Windows 98/ME compatibility mode?

Let me know...

ggab

Glide, i've updated the firs post...
"Also i tried with the compatibility mode (to choose 98/me win2000, etc) and no matter i choose, all the same. :-("

and the "screen that i draw" is correct now, before it was wrong.

mcmagostini

I also get this bug.
Using Project64 with Glide64 0.5 and the brand new 0.7. No matter
version of glide64 or glide3x.dll. Always the same bug.
I have Voodoo5 5500 PCI and installed Amigamerlin 3.0 XP
When i change resolution from 1024x768 to whatever other the white
boxes change places on screen but they always appear.
I managed to capture screen with them showing. I'll try to upload
them and post here again after that.
What about the solution for this? anyone?

thanx
Matheus Agostini
AmigaMerlin / SFFT / MesaFX
Sempron64 3000+, 512MB DDR400 2,5-3-3-11
Voodoo5 5500 PCI (Rev 3100)
ASUS K8N4-E

bloodworm

go here:

http://www.users.on.net/triforce/glidexp/

and try his glide3x.  he has fixed many things that are not in the glide you are probably running.
Bloody Mess

koolsmoky

@all
You might want to know that Colourless had contributed his work to the sourceforge Glide driver well before he became inactive. The sourceforge Glide driver is the most advanced driver up to date.

@ggab and mcmagostini
The pixel noise may be a hardware issue between the Voodoo and the mainboard's chipset. Have you installed VIA's chipset drivers?

-KoolSmoky

mcmagostini

You're  right kool.
I have a VIA mobo and the one before this was another VIA
and gave me the same problem =/ I'll check if i installed
VIA drivers. I don't remember.
If it's the case, is there any other suggestions?

My mobo is a ABIT KV7

thx
VoodooSalutes
mcmagostini
ASUS K8N4-E

bloodworm

kool,
what IS the latest glide3x available to us?  the 40404 beta has too many bugs and the 30303 is also buggy.  coulorless's glidexp 16 is the best for me so far.  I hope i got those numbers right.  my biggest problem is Mesafx with neverwinternights.....  the glidexp 16 works sweet for it....
Bloody Mess

koolsmoky

mcmagostini,
Install the latest Windows Service Pack, update the mainboard BIOS, and run cpu/bus/vsa100 at default clock settings. VIA's PCI bus has a history of being picky. If the problem is vsa100's and fixable via software, it should be done within the vsa100 miniport driver. I will try to look into it.

bloodworm,
3.10.00.30303 is the official release and 3.10.00.40404 is the special-feature-included-beta release included in the MesaFX package. I haven't the boxed NWN game but the demo works well under winxp and win98 w/ AM3.0 driver set, dx9.0b runtime. I could not replicate the problem you have reported in the Mesa thread. The Menu's background is transparent. What setup are you using?

-KoolSmoky

edit: typo

bloodworm

kool,
I havn't tried it in XP again with the 40404 or the 30303 with the latest 6.1 Mesafx, but with win98se the 30303 causes a firm lockup on the very first "title" screen (which doesn't show up anyways).  the 40404 causes the white backrounds and bad shadowing from creatures.
Bloody Mess

koolsmoky

bloodworm,
I gave NWN demo a run with glide 30303, 40404 and Mesa5.1h-5a under win98se but it ran without a problem. What CPU are you using? Have you applied all windows updates including dx9.0b?

EDIT: Also tried with latest MesaFX 6.1 and it runs fine.

-KoolSmoky

mcmagostini

Hi kool,

I've tried disabling every option in the PCI section of my BIOS
and nothing. I think it may have to do with the VSA-100 driver
cause i installed Win98SE with the x3dfx 1.08.04 driver and i got
no problems. Same settings in BIOS for both OSes.

May you help me here also?:
http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1066

thx
VoodooSalutes,
Matheus

ASUS K8N4-E

koolsmoky

mcmagostini,
I wouldn't say it's entirely the vsa100 driver's fault as many seem to experience the VIA pci bus being flaky under win2k/xp, especially people who have heavy loads of pci traffic using various gfx and video capture cards.

-KoolSmoky

bloodworm

I will try the demo myself (I have the full game with all the patches updated).  I think the demo runs on a very early patch that may be why you are not seeing the problems I am seeing.  maybe.....
Bloody Mess

ggab

well, good news (for me only...i think).
the bug is gone!, how? i don't know... just i reinstalling (not for solve this bug, for another reason) the winXP + everything, via 4in1 4.51, AM3.0, etc. and now all is OK, like in winME (have both OS).
maybe the settings in 3dfx tools? i'll post an image only for "mcmagostini",to have a look, and see if that settings are good for your v5... good luck.
PS: i wish, when i reinstall again the winXP, this bug, don;t appear again...

Download Attachment: HUB3dfx.GIF
24.96 KB