3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo4/5 Discussions
 Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Academy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

duocast
Novice

USA

44 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2003 :  16:13:54  Show Profile  Visit duocast's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well here's the problem, I have a Voodoo 5 5500 PCI, ok now for the game problem well I successfully did the WickedGL trick on Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast and works perfectly i.e. no flaws, but sadly it's cousin Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Academy isn't so nice.

Both games run on the id software licensed Quake3 engine so you'd think the WickedGL trick would work for them both.

I have the Amigamerline 3.0 XP drivers installed with the recommended Best settings found on this web site.

The game does boot up and does run...but the text is unreadable and there is considerable garbage.

I should say what does happen when the WickedGL trick is in place, the game starts to load...then crashes to the desktop .

I am running Windows XP SP1 with DirectX 9.0b installed.

Hope you guys can think of stuff for me to do cuz' I've plain run out of ideas...I'm totally confused as to why Outcast works and Academy doesn't when they use the same game engine...

but any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated

====================================
Powered by 3dfx Voodoo 5 5500 PCI

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg."
- Bjarne Stroustrup

qrazi
Average

Netherlands
214 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2003 :  21:06:48  Show Profile  Visit qrazi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
try this one, its a variation of the wickedgl method:
-get the glidexp package: http://www.users.on.net/triforce/glidexp/
-extract the 3dfxogl.dll to the same directory as the the Jedi Academy .exe
-rename the 3dfxogl.dll to opengl32.dll

ECS K7s5a@ 147 MHz, Athlon XP 1600+@1825+, Voodoo5 5500 @166 MHz, 512mb pc3200
Go to Top of Page

duocast
Novice

USA

44 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2003 :  21:13:05  Show Profile  Visit duocast's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks qrazi I'll try that

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg."
- Bjarne Stroustrup
Go to Top of Page

duocast
Novice

USA

44 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2003 :  21:24:21  Show Profile  Visit duocast's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey...tried the GlideXP...fixed the text not 100% but it's readable and thats all that matters

For some reason though the LucasArts intro doesnt run (audio only) but I'm not too concerned about that.

One bummer is that the other movie sequences in the game don't run either (again audio only) but thats just mostly eye-candy I guess.

Any Ideas? But overall the game is fully playable and now thanks to qrazi it's understandable as well

- Bjarne Stroustrup
Go to Top of Page

InSomNiaN
Average

Australia
120 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2003 :  01:57:18  Show Profile  Visit InSomNiaN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi duocast,
Just follow my instructions here:

http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=421

N-Joy

***ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!***
Go to Top of Page

Amigamerlin

Italy

163 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2003 :  07:59:40  Show Profile  Visit Amigamerlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello guys,
In the screenshot section you can see some screenshot of the game taken by me!!
I have installed only the amigamerlin 3.0 driver set and nothing else !!
Just open the .cfg file of the game and disable the compressed textures placing 0 where you find 1.
If someone need it modified I can upload it here. The logo and the intro is visible if you enable the "Force 16 bit Textures" rendering in the tools .
Another trics is to wait the new MESA 5.1 that should be released shortly . In this way you can use compressed textures and intro both in 32 bit mode !!

Keep me infomed if someone need the .cfg file modified!!
Ah.. for your info I 'm using the demo not the full version!!

Bye to all

Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000
Go to Top of Page

Amigamerlin

Italy

163 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2003 :  08:05:38  Show Profile  Visit Amigamerlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok.. here the modified .cfg file !!
Donwnload and place it the game data dir (find the file and replace with this one - First backup the old )!

Download Attachment: jaconfig.zip
2.37 KB

Please use jasp.exe to lunch the game because lunching "Jedyaccademy.exe" it write again the config file then problem again.

Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums