MesaFX

Started by PanoramixDruida, 07 October 2003, 14:09:05

Previous topic - Next topic

ps47

GLORY..GLORY to dborca and mesafx..[8D][8D][8D]
I'll do some tests,and I'll take care of those screens as well;)
I have an exam in 4 days,but who cares if I can run doom3 on my voodoo5:D

cosworth6k

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD work Daniel [:p][:p]
3dfx ZoNe moderator
Powered by voodoo 6000

r21vo

wow! it happened - doom3 on voodoo.. great work dborca!

3dfx tricks, tests and wallpapers

3dfx.rule.lv

Voodoo5

Doom3 Shots -

System:
Voodoo5500
Mesafx
Athlon 2400
512mb ram
Windows 2000 SP4

Great effort Daniel ;)

Image Insert:

56.61 KB

Image Insert:

79.84 KB

Image Insert:

53.85 KB

Image Insert:

50.48 KB

Image Insert:

36.99 KB

Image Insert:

52.42 KB

r21vo

actually i think game is a bit too dark, but these screens show that voodoo can bring the light in the game ;)

3dfx tricks, tests and wallpapers

3dfx.rule.lv

ggab

Good news! [:p]
Great releases [8D]

sirkoz

Very nice screenies, Voodoo5 - there may not be bumpmapping, but it lookes quite good and runs quite fast - what about, when there are a few enemies on screen/action, does framerate drop significantly?

ps47

..shoot,just realized doom3 requires XP.now where do I have that install disk..?

Nightbird

XP or Win2k

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Voodoo5

To clarify,

All of my above screen shots and their corresponding fps are to be considered coincidental, "I was getting while the getting was good" so to speak.

There are currently very noticeable\annoying graphical errors (not shown) for sure (textures & lighting).
examples: Sometimes while using the flashlight the light beam does not reflect/illuminate off of the expected surfaces. The Skin textures on human characters are extremely whitish. making fast left or right movements of your character will cause some viewable textures to temporarily disappear then reappear.

Maybe Daniel can clarify if any improvements can be made to correct some of the graphical errors[?]

@sirkoz,
I was using fraps for the fps indicator and acquiring the shots, I will try to run a proper time-demo and report the results, but I would guess from my time so far in the game the average fps would be in the mid to high teens range on my system (some areas/situations were showing highs in the mid 40's while graphically intense sections of the game would drop down into high single digit to low teens range)

If you want to play Doom3 in all its graphical glory, you will need a very modern cpu/video card set-up ;)

dborca

i've uploaded a small update for mesafx_d3 at my situ. it fixes the crash where all hell breaks loose in "Mars City Underground".

mesafx_d3 is not a suported product; therefore do not send me bug reports about it, unless it's a showstopper (crash bug). all other reports will go to /dev/null. i will try to fix inner mesa bugs by myself, but that's about it.

i myself have reached "Communications Transfer" level, so, unless i mixed up things when i rebuilt the last dll, it /should/ work.

however, i have two tips:
1) add the following line to DoomConfig.cfg
   bind "~" "toggleconsole"
run d3.bat. during the game, hit "~" to lower the console and type "r_" followed by a TAB. take a moment and study the rendering options... among them, there is "r_useScissor" which you might want to set to "0"

2) the doom3 rendering pipeline is more or less known atm. although the technique needs massive fillrate, it also needs very fast TCL. as a consequence, it's pretty TCL limited on 6k (and probably 5k5). i played with 2xFSAA enabled without a significant loss in speed.
Regards,
Daniel Borca

Amigamerlin

Hi guys,
Here some other screenshot :this time taked at 800x600x32 Bit no AA on voodoo5 5500 Med detail with shadows disabled.
In this condition the game has a good playability.

Ciao a tutti ;)
Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000

vykupitel

I'm curious if would be possible to remap enviromental and DOT3 bumpmaping to form of bumpmaping that Voodoo can handle?
AthlonXP 1.86GHz@2.2GHz (barton), 1024MB PC400 RAM,MSI KT6-Delta LSR,
Voodoo5 6000 rev. 3700 A1 + Voodoo4 4200 AGP(Daytona) and many more...

mcmagostini

Whenever i download MesaFX 6.1.9.0.zip from daniel situ it gets
corrupted when i try to open it... "unexpected end of archive"

Anyone has any clue?

Thanks
Matheus
AmigaMerlin / SFFT / MesaFX
Sempron64 3000+, 512MB DDR400 2,5-3-3-11
Voodoo5 5500 PCI (Rev 3100)
ASUS K8N4-E

Amigamerlin

QuoteOriginally posted by mcmagostini

Whenever i download MesaFX 6.1.9.0.zip from daniel situ it gets
corrupted when i try to open it... "unexpected end of archive"

Anyone has any clue?

Thanks
Matheus

Download new dll from www.3dfxzone.it home page (news section).
Let me know if all went ok.

Bye
Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000