3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Search with Google | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 General Discussions
 MesaFX
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

ps47
Skilled

Slovakia
1463 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2004 :  14:33:01  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Amigamerlin

No problem for me with ONI and MesaFx 6.1.0.8. and voodoo5 5500. All looks ok and no problem with the mený.

I'll try hitman Contact !!

Bye

can you post a pic or two and your system configuration?and what glide3x are you using?

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables
Go to Top of Page

bloodworm
Average

USA

278 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2004 :  20:58:35  Show Profile  Visit bloodworm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is this dll newer than the one you had posted on your site at about 8PM EST last night (6/22/04)? I ran the one from last night on NWN in win98se for about 4 hours straight with no problems! I DID have an invisible monster attack me a couple of times during the battles, and I am not sure if they were acctually SUPPOSED to be invisible or not. maybe..... nice FPS on my 1.4Ghz celeron! acctually playable now with the mesafx....

Sweeeeeeet.....
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2004 :  09:00:39  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bloodworm

Is this dll newer than the one you had posted on your site at about 8PM EST last night (6/22/04)?
Maybe, I can't remember.

Anyway, I uploaded a new release candidate (rc3) today, 24-jun-2004 at 7:30 GMT. Give it a try.

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2004 :  14:05:55  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
BloodRayne does not work in 2k/XP, most probably due to a bug in Glide.

I was unable to run Hitman Contracts at all (not in D3D, nor in OpenGL). Anyone cares to give me a hint and spare me the pain of digging INI stuff?

Regards,
Daniel Borca

Edited by - dborca on 24/06/2004 15:46:42
Go to Top of Page

ps47
Skilled

Slovakia
1463 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2004 :  15:06:35  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ps47 at www.voodoofiles.net

voodoo4/5:
install the game and run it,in the graphic options,set the resolution to 800*600 (the backround will flicker while playing movies in higher resolution) and disable post filter.avoid maxing the rest of the options.the game will run fine and look good,but there will be some transparency problems in certain locations,but they are not too common and they wont prevent a good gameplay.

if you want to get rid of the transparency problems,you can try to run the game in opengl mode.edit HitmanContracts.ini,and change the line DrawDllrenderd3d.dll to DrawDllrenderopengl.dll.download MesaFX 6.1 version 6.1.0.4 or newer,and put the opengl32.dll file and the correct glide3x.dll file to your hitman contracts folder.run the game,go to graphis options and use the same settings as for d3d.now exit the game,edit HitmanContracts.ini and disable weather effects (WeatherEffects 0)
the game will run without the transparency bugs,but with decreased performance and some small texture flicker.movies wont work either.

voodoo3:
install the game,edit HitmanContracts.ini and alter the corresponding lines as follows:
DrawDll Renderopengl.dll
Resolution 800x600
ColorDepth 16
TextureResolution 2
DrawDistance 0.500000
WeatherEffects 0
LevelOfDetail 0
ShadowDetail 0
PostFilterLOD 0
DisableTrilinearFiltering 1

now get MesaFX 6.1 version 6.1.0.4,and put the opengl32.dll file and the correct glide3x.dll file to your hitman contracts folder.now create a txt file and put in following:

set MESA_FX_IGNORE_TEXUS2=y
set MESA_FX_MAXLOD=10
HitmanContracts.exe

now rename the txt file to run.bat,and launch the game via run.bat
the game will work fine,but some textures will flicker sometimes and movies wont be displayed at all.if you want to change the game settings (video,audio,etc.),you must do it from the ingame menu or by editing the ini file,the game will crash if you attempt to change the settings from the main menu.

Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2004 :  15:52:35  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ps47

[quote]Originally posted by ps47 at www.voodoofiles.net

voodoo4/5:
blahblahblah

voodoo3:
blahblahblah
DisableTrilinearFiltering 1
Voodoo3 does not have combine_extension (CMBEXT), anyway! So why disable trilinear if you can't get anything in exchange?

Anyway, thanks for the info! I'll try tonight!

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

ps47
Skilled

Slovakia
1463 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2004 :  21:27:04  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
tested the 6.1.0.9 release candidate on my voodoo3..
hitman contracts: no change
oni: no change
hmm..

Edited by - ps47 on 24/06/2004 21:27:44
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2004 :  08:28:13  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

tested the 6.1.0.9 release candidate on my voodoo3..
hitman contracts: no change
oni: no change
hmm..

Indeed, the 0.9 rc fixes compressed textures, which means the changes have effect on Napalm only. I understood that ONI is greyish, right? that's because of linear fogging, which never worked correctly on Voodoos (although I'm not sure actually how is supposed to look ONI). But what about Hitman Contracts? What's wrong with it? Can you detail a bit? Thx.

PS: BTW, you just forgot to tell me that I need to be patient with Hitman Contracts. It really takes its time before starting up. That was my problem, after all... I'm a loose cannon when it comes to waiting and gave it the three-fingers-salute!

@bloodworm
Could you test NWN full game with rc3, please?

Regards,
Daniel Borca

Edited by - dborca on 25/06/2004 10:14:29
Go to Top of Page

ps47
Skilled

Slovakia
1463 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2004 :  15:01:23  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dborca

Indeed, the 0.9 rc fixes compressed textures, which means the changes have effect on Napalm only. I understood that ONI is greyish, right? that's because of linear fogging, which never worked correctly on Voodoos (although I'm not sure actually how is supposed to look ONI). But what about Hitman Contracts? What's wrong with it? Can you detail a bit? Thx.

PS: BTW, you just forgot to tell me that I need to be patient with Hitman Contracts. It really takes its time before starting up. That was my problem, after all... I'm a loose cannon when it comes to waiting and gave it the three-fingers-salute!

ok,tested the 0.9 with oni on my voodoo5,and the game itself is fine now.I still have to use koolsmoky's glide3x to avoid problems with floor textures that are bit more distant (I have mentioned it before),but the game is not greyish anymore.
sorry about hitman contracts,when you run it in opengl mode you will have to wait with black screen 'cause all intro videos are not displayed,but they stil run so it takes some time to get to the main menu.mentioned it in the "how to" from voodoofiles,but I guess it was not clear enough..
and whats wrong with contracts?well on napalm the game is crashy,you cant even take a sreenshot without crashing to desktop (6.1.0.4 or newer).on voodoo3 the game is more stable,but only the 6.1.0.4 release works properly (with texus2 disabled).all newer releases act like the texus2 is on (and that causes garbage),looks like its ignoring the the fact that I have disabled it via the bat file..I have posted sreeens on the previous page of thes topic..

Edited by - ps47 on 28/06/2004 12:25:36
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2004 :  16:25:42  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have posted sreeens on the previous page of thes topic..

Yea, but I can't figure what's wrong!

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

bloodworm
Average

USA

278 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2004 :  20:02:18  Show Profile  Visit bloodworm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a very little bit of testing last night with Rc3, and all of the textures looked sweet to me. I will do some more extensive testing tonight with different modules of the game! the movies in NWN have never worked (comes up black and I have to spacebar my way through em) except when I set the desktop res the same as the game res, and then the game will come up black after the movies play (with music and mouse with screen "clicks" when clicking the mouse). this is a problem with the Bink video player in winblows and the screen res change thingy that dborca does not work on because it is a winblows thingy. I think this is the same problem that contracts is having, but I don't own that game.

Bloody Mess
Go to Top of Page

Amigamerlin
Average

Italy

163 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2004 :  06:17:06  Show Profile  Visit Amigamerlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bloodworm

I did a very little bit of testing last night with Rc3, and all of the textures looked sweet to me. I will do some more extensive testing tonight with different modules of the game! the movies in NWN have never worked (comes up black and I have to spacebar my way through em) except when I set the desktop res the same as the game res, and then the game will come up black after the movies play (with music and mouse with screen "clicks" when clicking the mouse). this is a problem with the Bink video player in winblows and the screen res change thingy that dborca does not work on because it is a winblows thingy. I think this is the same problem that contracts is having, but I don't own that game.

Bloodword, are you using SFFT alpha driver?. If yes .. this is the problem. I've used the alpha 7 for testing and I have had the same problem (black screen) switching to AM3.0 no more problem and neverwinter night return to playing for me.

I have had some other strange problem using SFFT Alpha 7. In Call of Duty settings the resolution or changhing the detail freeze the pc wichever mesa release I use. Switching back to Amigamerlin 3.0 no one of this problem camed out. I'll inform SFFT about this.
Now ALL games that I 've tested run fairless in opengl.

Try and let me know

Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000
Go to Top of Page

Amigamerlin
Average

Italy

163 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2004 :  06:28:28  Show Profile  Visit Amigamerlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Amigamerlin

No problem for me with ONI and MesaFx 6.1.0.8. and voodoo5 5500. All looks ok and no problem with the mený.

I'll try hitman Contact !!

Bye

can you post a pic or two and your system configuration?and what glide3x are you using?

Glide3x .. is the one sitributed in the package (root Directory)

Image Insert:

51.26 KB

Image Insert:

80.87 KB

Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000
Go to Top of Page

ps47
Skilled

Slovakia
1463 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2004 :  10:43:21  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dborca

quote:

I have posted sreeens on the previous page of thes topic..

Yea, but I can't figure what's wrong!

ok.I think the hitman contracts problem looks like this:
6.1.0.4->I can disable texus2->everything is fine.
6.1.0.5 or newer->I cant disable texus2->graphic issues.

looks like turning texus2 off with bat file DOES NOTHING..

Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2004 :  12:03:59  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

ok.I think the hitman contracts problem looks like this:
6.1.0.4->I can disable texus2->everything is fine.
6.1.0.5 or newer->I cant disable texus2->graphic issues.
Dude, what issues? I don't even know how it's supposed to look like.

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents © 2001 - 2017 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine © Snitz Forums