3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

3dfx Hardware & Software
 General Discussions
 Argument for Banshee support
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

66 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2003 :  12:51:49  Show Profile  Visit PHOENIX's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I appreciate your efforts for Voodoo3/4/5. But what about Voodoo1, Rush, Voodoo2 and Banshee ? Well, I think Voodoo 2 and Banshee should still be worth of support. I am glad that driver FastVoodoo2 3.0 XP exists. Howewer you seem to forget Banshee users. Therefore I hope you will add Banshee support soon.

Related to this, I wanna share with you my knowledge about Banshee/Voodoo3.

Under Glide/OpenGL, if you set FX_GLIDE_DEVICEID=5 and FX_GLIDE_NUM_TMU=1, basically you've got a Voodoo3 1 TMU and... it works fine on Banshee ! If I only set FX_GLIDE_DEVICEID=5 and I play/benchmark Quake3, some screen areas remain black.

Now the big question : wouldn't it be possible to use Voodoo3 D3D code on Banshee, if we force V3 to use only one TMU ? If it works with Glide/OpenGL, it should work with Direct3D.

MojoMotion, Raziel64 and myself as the whole community of 3dfx Banshee users around the world would appreciate new Windows 9x/XP drivers. Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Web Admin

24163 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2003 :  15:05:00  Show Profile  Visit Glide's Homepage  Reply with Quote

With Win9X/ME OS all the cards that we indicate with Voodoo1 are supported by reference drivers until hardware limits of these.

Writing 2K/XP drivers for this card is very hard and little intelligent because:

1)The architecture of the board is designed for MS Windows 95/98 systems.
2)Now there are little users with Voodoo1 in pci bus: so we prefer working to be happy more people like Voodoo3/4/5 users

3dfx Voodoo2 and 3dfx Voodoo2 in SLI are fully supported by this site . During 3dfxzone life we have put on line many Voodoo2 drivers for any MS OS (i.e. these: FV2 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.0 XP)

Current versions of FastVoodoo2 drivers are:

- FastVoodoo2 3.5 for Windows 95/98/ME and Direct3D/OpenGL/GLide support

- FastVoodoo2 3.0 XP for Windows 2k/XP and OpenGL/GLide support. At this moment we all unfortunately cannot run D3D games with Voodoo2 and NT platform.

FastVoodoo2 Updates are scheduled, of course.

I must answer for this also? You would already know...

Therefore new drivers are incoming: who would give us suggestions, tips or simply ideas does it now.

Thanks in advance.

Bye bye

3dfxzone.it | hwsetup.it | Register
Go to Top of Page

1938 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2003 :  22:50:51  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
About the Voodoo 1 under Win2k/XP, the driver exists already (it supports OpenGl and Glide), it was "elaborated" by Anthony Toste
The problem is the absence of control panel

Network powered by 3Dfx and AMD

Go to Top of Page

66 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2003 :  00:13:27  Show Profile  Visit PHOENIX's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't want to paint the wrong picture. I wrote this post for the developer team.

My question : is it possible to use Voodoo3 D3D code on Banshee, if we force V3 to use only one TMU ?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Contact Us

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums