voodoo2 cabel question

Started by dmd, 07 October 2005, 16:23:17

Previous topic - Next topic

dmd

I have two voodoo2 and I want sli, but I don't know how I must connect voodoo2 with another voodoo2.Can i use fllopy cabel or I need something else???

sorry on grammar because I don't speak english very well....

ps47

you need a SLI cable.if you dont have it,you can make one from a floppy cable.everything about Voodoo2 SLI,plus detailed instructions of how to make a SLI cable..

dmd

thanx, do u know where I can find some drivers which will work with mismatched voodoo2 in sli mode???I found fastvoodoo2 4.6, but it is fo win9x/me...I need something for WinXp...

ps47

sure.the reference thread is here.

dmd

i installed koolsmoky's driver, bat i can't run any game....
i got black screen and sometime error without message.....

ps47

to enable mismatched support,you need to add a value to your registry.find your voodoo2 setting in your registry (should be here),create a new string named SSTV2_MISMATCHED_SLI with value of 1..

IMPORTANT NOTE: make sure both of your voodoo2 cards work fine in your pc if you run them in single mode (only one card in the pc)!

dmd

thanx a lot

now it works....

i can play ut in 1024x768 resolution

Spectrobozo

someone saved the pictures?!
I'm trying to make the cable, alredy destroyed one cable...
Voodoo 4 4500 PCI
2x Monster 3d II 8mb

rottentreats

Hope this helps :)

ps47

I should have the detailed pictures on one of my harddrives.too bad there is so many of them..I'll check tomorrow.

btw,the process of making a working sli cable is more difficult than it looks,I needed 3 attempts to make one that actually worked..

Spectrobozo

rottentreats, sure it helps, thanks! but I'm looking for detailed pics of the process,

ps47, if you find these pictures, please... :D
Voodoo 4 4500 PCI
2x Monster 3d II 8mb

ps47

restored.the image quality is far from perfect,but it should help..

http://forum.3dfx.cz/viewtopic.php?p=7349#7349