Doom3 + Voodoo2_Patch_v1_0

Started by Doom, 05 November 2004, 19:39:00

Previous topic - Next topic

vacantmind

dude you're the ****ing man, keep up the good work. **** all these guys that give you ****, "image quality sucks, blahblah", they can't do what you do.  this card gets more FPS than many of the newer cards out there, voodoo was the ****.  Think about it, this card is only 12 MB and hte majority of the 64 MB cards out today can't even handle doom3.  

and it's stupid for the admin to bitch about having too many screen shots, he's not hosting on your server so STFU.  

feel free to come post your **** at theforum.com for now on if you want

perer

I totally agree, at volarigamers.com someone sad it looked like GLquake. Now I have posted a screenshot with the latest patch, and sad if he stil thinks that this looks anything like GLquake he must have a serious memory leak.
Start War and peace will be appreciated

omega_supreme

and it's stupid for the admin to bitch about having too many screen shots, he's not hosting on your server so STFU.

I disagree with you here. Glide is right that this are to many for a forum topic. Doom might have uploaded the pictures to his own server thats allright but even with my university's 100 mbit it takes too long to open this topic. Just post the most beautifull screenshots and then a link to the rest for the people that are interested to see more.

Anyway what happens if you apply this patch to the vsa-100 cards. To be honest, i didnt follow this subject very close but those screenshots in the last post lookt mighty impressive. Could be fun to run this patch on a voodoo 5 (5500/6000). maybe framerates will exceed 100+  :D

Glide

- vacantmind:

Problem isn't server disk space but page weight for browsers...[8)]

Bye bye

perer

With a 6000 the framerates will surely exceed 100fps.
And because the voodoo5 uses 32mb texture memory you can patch the textures to 100% textures. Although all the lighting will be gone it will run a lot better. And now you can perfectly see every enemy ;).

(Veel suc6 met patchen Omega)
Start War and peace will be appreciated

Nightbird

QuoteWhy don't we have a poll to see who is still using a 56k modem.
I'm on a fast connection at home and this is not always easy to d/l all the screenshoots.
Even with a poll which will show that 99 % of the users are on a fast connection (and what's a fast connection ??), we need to think about the last 1 % and then we need to respect some rules (why not pictures 2048*2048 which will not let intact the forum template ??)

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Nightbird

@vacantmind
Quoteand it's stupid for the admin to bitch about having too many screen shots
This is not stupid for the admin since he's the Administrator and he knows his job.

In-ter-ac-tive :

Nightbird

@perer
Quotetotally agree, at volarigamers.com someone sad it looked like GLquake. Now I have posted a screenshot with the latest patch, and sad if he stil thinks that this looks anything like GLquake he must have a serious memory leak.
perer, people who are running Doom3 on a NVidia 6800 have the criticism easy and many people forgot that without a Voodoo 1 or a Voodoo 2, they would have no 3D in their machine. ;)

@Doom
That's becoming impressive.

In-ter-ac-tive :

omega_supreme

QuoteOriginally posted by Nightbird
(why not pictures 2048*2048 which will not let intact the forum template ??)

That would be me :D But dont forget that was a long time ago and you have to admit it was kind of cool.

Nightbird

Indeed, i remember perfectly these pictures. ;)

In-ter-ac-tive :

vacantmind

uh get a better browser then, it didn't take more than a second to load this page.. try opera

Doom

OK
:)
i have lot of screenshots (5135) and is hard select only few

last 2:

Image Insert:

101.47 KB

Image Insert:

130.14 KB
Doom3_Voodoo2_Patch_v1_0 Download : www.voodoo.zarovka.com

XP 1800+@2600+ ; 256MB RAM ; 15GB HDD ; Voodoo 1 4MB ; Voodoo 2 12MB SLI; Voodoo 3 AGP TV OUT ;
V5 5500 with 1xVSA100

Gazz

As the older voodoo cards are 16bit only, does this mean that someone would be able to make a 16-bit colour patch.

Ive tried a number of doom3 beta console commands to enable 16bit colour in the full game but they are not present. As most people here know already, the game is locked to 32bit colour and this is what causes the biggest impact on lower-end graphics cards.

Has anyone made, or have plans to make a 16bit patch for Doom3? I think it will be greatfully recieved by numerous Doom3 fantatics world-wide :)
Gazz

Nightbird

In-ter-ac-tive :

Voodoo5

@Doom,

[8D];)

Have you considered a bit of tweaking for the VSA-100 based cards [?]