SFFT alpha drivers - V3/4/5 - Join to Testing

Started by Glide, 22 May 2004, 17:02:06

Previous topic - Next topic

ggab

playing in opengl (mesafx) the 1964 emu hangs and then i press the reset buttom, when winXP restarts display:

another, i tried with 1964 emu & jabo 1.51 d3d plugin and i get the blue screen with this info:
3dfxvs.dll - Address bf9e900e base at bf9b7000, Datestamp 40cf6ab5

ggab

from last post, i have a voodoo3 and with alpha6 version.

do u think, that the video overlay issue with v3 can be implemented in your alpha's drivers some day?
the AM3.0xp team, were succesfull with the v4/5 (now has video gamma overlay in 3dfx tools).
maybe the team can tell you how to fix it... or just some tips of driver's source changes.
a topic about this issue, check Topic:
I can't select "video overlay" in AmigaSport 3.0XP
http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=510

FBS

Yes! the flight simdoes load now with the Alphe sim. There is some definate coruption with the graphics. Also I want to let you know that when the sim graphic hardware settings are adjusted to bilinear the sim crashes and the whole PC reboots.

Kyon_CoraeL

Amigamerlin

New driver set, Alpha7, is online !!
Good testing.
Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000

ggab

Garth

C&C Generals stopped working with these drivers
CF

FBS

Excellent work! Your efforts are well appreciated. I tried the drivers and so far I like them very much. At first, I installed the SFFT7 drivers by first deleting the 3dfx registry and then using the install exe. At first I had some instability with the flight simulator software. The program froze when changing display settings from within the simulator. Then after switching from full screen and back to window mode I lost the mouse curser.
After having these problems I decided to reinstall the drivers using the (add and remove) hardware from the system properties of the control panel.
This installation was much more stable I had no reported problems as in the first attempt.

Now the report on the SFFT7 is that the graphics corruption is fixed from the SFFT6 version. Also I would like to report that you fixed the graphic corruption that occurred in the Ghost Recon game. This corruption would occur when you would move into the OPTIONS window there would be all these discolored lines, All drivers out there that I tried including the WHQL would do this. Now with the SFFT7 drivers it is simply perfect. It also seems that the game graphics are much better and crisper with real nice blends.

The only problem I see that need s to be fixed is the way the kneeboard display with the flight simulator (see the two pictures) on shows the kneeboard how it pops up when opening it while in window mode. The second is how the kneeboard opens while in full screen. First I get a black square then as I drag the mouse across it the display and control buttons start to appear. I wonder if this is affected by refresh. The first thing that happens after clicking the button to open the kneeboard is that the screen goes completely black momentarily the black square of the kneeboard is displayed. This occurrence is only in full screen mode. It may even be a setting in my display but it seems I have tried everything. The SFFT version 2 or 3 it seems to work fine. Other things to note is that the setting is with 2 sample AA. Now with no AA (fastest performance when I open the kneeboard I get the same black screen and poor display of the kneeboard  along with real poor frame rates the FPS drops 1FPS and as I change views I get a slide show.

GREAT WORK

Image Insert:

174.28 KB

Image Insert:

121.36 KB

SuperFurryFurryThing

Garth did C&C Generals work in the Alpha6. How does it not work.
What happens differently with the Alpha7.
SFFT

zandro

Rollcage d3d does not work with sff Alpha7. im can se the intro movies
but when the ingame menu is about to show up i get a bluescreen with
a memmory dump that states an error in 3dfxvs...
demo can be found here  ftp://3dgamers.in-span.net/pub/3dgamers5/games/rollcage/rollcage.zip

SuperFurryFurryThing

FBS have you tried the same tests in single chip mode.

SFFT

FBS

This evening I tried both of the games with the AA settings set to single chip. In the Flight simulator game, the problem of the kneeboard showing up black in full screen mode was gone. There is a slight monitor flicker but overall it displays well. I tried ghost recon and it work as well as it did in 2 sample AA.
I have been using the SFFT7 drivers now since they were published and so far they are pretty stable, I have lost control of my mouse on a couple of occasions and had to reboot to get it back. The mouse all act erracting in the sense that it seems whenever the hard drive reads and right the mouse motion gets jerky.

FBS

Oh the mouse thing could be with memory, you see I have a USB mouse and the USB port and the Voodoo card share the same IRQ (11)

SuperFurryFurryThing

Zandro how well does this demo work with Amigerlin 3.

SFFT

Nightbird

QuoteC&C Generals stopped working with these drivers
Not sure that Garth is speaking C&C Generals since this game needs a difficult workaround and without being sure of the result...
Perhaps he's speaking about C&C Renegade ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community