Evolution for v4/5 ready!

Started by Raziel64, 15 May 2004, 04:17:51

Previous topic - Next topic

omega_supreme

Raziel I finally got HALO working! :DThe evolution drivers look like they were made for the game, my compliments! Although there is a really big problem with te drivers. I cannot control my FSAA settings anymore. I tried to install the driverset and then the tools apart of them but it still doesnt work. Is this because i have a voodoo 6000 an thereforce the 8x sample gives problems ? I like to continue using the evolution drivers, but i think this problem must be solved. Please have a look at it.

thx

Image Insert:

26.68 KB

Raziel64

Thx Omega...I'll check the problem now.
Evolution Drivers Series

SuperFurryFurryThing

I tried this driver and found it very slow, with bugs under DX8.1. Also the big textures on a V5 don't work properly. try Il2 forgotten battles training missions in high detail modes. Also try the Cube environment sample Visual C++ App in the DirectX 8.1 SDK. It produces a seriously corrupt teapot. I noticed that in The Lobby high detail test under 3dMark 2001 SE that the shadows were the wrong shape.

SFFT

patience

@SuperFurryFurryThing
The core is beta and is stayed beta. But it's very promising. It was the last core done by 3dfx employees, in feb. 2001.
Because it's the last, it offers probably the best support for DirX8 but feel free to work on it. ;)

patience

QuoteI cannot control my FSAA settings anymore
The problem is simply in the inf.

osckhar

QuoteI tried this driver and found it very slow
¡Perhaps it is slow, but it is the most compatible of all! :D

Regards,
Oscar

SuperFurryFurryThing

I think that part of the problems, is that it appears to be a DX8 driver, and it doesn't seem to support the extended FVF Format that is enabled for DX8 drivers. I think that is the cause of the corruption, you might try running it as a DX7 driver abd seeing if the corruption problems dissapear.

SFFT

patience

"The problem" if "problem" is that people use or will use this core with the last games, so under DirX 8.1 / DirX 9.0 and because it owns more capabilities.
And since this core exists also under Win2k, it would be probably possible to adapt it under XP and this way to increase perhaps with a Voodoo Card the compatibility of the games with this OS (or XP with the games and a Voodoo Card [:p]), offering an other DirX core.
Anyway Raziel64 knows already this/my idea. ;)
We need "simply" that some people work on this core [:p], so SuperFurryFurryThing thks for your contribution present (and future). :)

omega_supreme

Raziel have you found a solution for the 3dfx control panel (FSAA settings)?

Raziel64

Yes!, sorry for the delay...
I'll post a fix tomorrow...

Regards.
Evolution Drivers Series

omega_supreme

Raziel64

Ok... here's the inf fixed.
It's not tested yet (I don't have a v5 6k to make the test)... so, I'll need your report Omega ;)

Download Attachment: 3dfxvs.zip
10.24 KB
Evolution Drivers Series

omega_supreme

Im affraid it still doesnt work. I downloaded the file and reclaced the file called 3dfxvs.inf with the new one (location was C:/Windows/INF ) I gave my computer a reboot but still no FSAA control.[:(]

Did i do something wrong or what? I will now try a reinstall of the driver maybe that will help. Ill keep in contact.

can you give me a prcise discription of what to do. I tried everything but it still doesnt work.

Raziel64

Well... remeber the folder created in your HDD (C:\Evolution Drivers Series). Here you must to replace the inf inf file and then make the driver reinstallation.
Evolution Drivers Series

omega_supreme

As you can see it works great now. I have full control over FSAA again :D thanx to you Raziel. The drivers are now .....supreme ;)I have more good news. You can also add Vietcong to supported games list it works ok. I just cant thank you enough, these are really the greatest win98 drivers. UT2003 runs flawless in 1024 4xAA and all detail on high.

Image Insert:

38.19 KB

omega_supreme