v2 on sli without same memory size?

Started by aquasonic, 19 January 2006, 21:45:08

Previous topic - Next topic

agrelaphon

QuoteEasy in Greece to find a Voodoo2 ?
Hmm... I'm afraid not; but if you're lucky you can find one for 15E or so

aquasonic

QuoteOriginally posted by Nightbird

Ehm, now you have a sli cable (:)) but you need an other V2 (8 meg) or the best 2 V2 (12 meg) (because of the extra 4 megs of texture memory)
Easy in Greece to find a Voodoo2 ?

(i can't answer in your native langage : i don't speak it but your french words are perfect  :D )
i found "thanks" in greek but the board doesn't write correctly the words in greek [:p] )

:) thanks :)

As for the voodoo... YEAP somebody up there loves me :)the guy who brought me the faulty card found me another one voodoo2... But it is from creative and 16mb never used with all it's package etc (pci sli e.t.c)... but i guess it won't work huh?
my 3Dfx pc GOT UPGRADED :D

AMD K6-III 400 @ 450mhz FIC V3 503+ 256mb sdram VOODOO 5 5500 AGP!!! 5 usb pci adapter SB 16 Isa pnp drive 2x seagate meddalist 3.2gb Asus cd-rom TDK cdrw 250w psu and a veeryyy old LAN card windows 98SE Raziel64's Evolution driver Wintv GO! FM2 isa Radio card Rockwell 34k modem :p

Nightbird

A Diamond 8 meg + a Creative Labs 12 meg ?
you like the difficulty [:p]
No chance for an other Creative Labs 12 meg ?
easier :D

edit : if you try, try also this package
https://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/news/3dfx/koolsmoky_v2_driver_test_kit

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

aquasonic

A Diamond 8 meg + a Creative Labs 12 meg ?
you like the difficulty [:p]
No chance for an other Creative Labs 12 meg ?
easier :D

edit : if you try, try also this package
https://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/news/3dfx/koolsmoky_v2_driver_test_kit

i don't know why, but i love pcs earlier 2000. :). Not sure, but the guy told me it is 16mb (did v2 had that ammount of memory?). I will either choose betwin this card or a dual socket 7 motherboard.

Oh, i just saw the 12mb v2 (the faulty one). Looks like it has some kind of thermal paste on 3dfx chips. It is clean, but some of it has been left on it... Could the card be overclocked and produce wrong graphics because of overheating? [?]

AMD K6-III 400 @ 450mhz FIC V3 503+ 256mb sdram VOODOO 5 5500 AGP!!! 5 usb pci adapter SB 16 Isa pnp drive 2x seagate meddalist 3.2gb Asus cd-rom TDK cdrw 250w psu and a veeryyy old LAN card windows 98SE Raziel64's Evolution driver Wintv GO! FM2 isa Radio card Rockwell 34k modem :p

Nightbird

QuoteNot sure, but the guy told me it is 16mb (did v2 had that ammount of memory?). I will either choose betwin this card or a dual socket 7 motherboard.
a V2 -> 8 or 12 meg  ;)

QuoteCould the card be overclocked and produce wrong graphics because of overheating?
yes   [:(]

In-ter-ac-tive :

aquasonic

QuoteNot sure, but the guy told me it is 16mb (did v2 had that ammount of memory?). I will either choose betwin this card or a dual socket 7 motherboard.
a V2 -> 8 or 12 meg  ;)

QuoteCould the card be overclocked and produce wrong graphics because of overheating?
yes   [:(]

well in the second case then, can i underclock it to it's normal clocks... or it has damaged the hardware?

skinnie

today,I tried a STb blackmagic 12m and a creative 8mb in sli..with the 12mb voodoo 1st..I paly nfs porsche and all is normal except blue squares underneath the cars and some things more..but it rans good..
MSI KT3/Athlon XP 2400+/2x256Mb OCZ BH5/3dfx Voodoo 3 3000 AGP

skinnie

I tried now changing the position of the boards and all works fine..

Nightbird

QuoteOriginally posted by skinnie

I tried now changing the position of the boards and all works fine..
changing "how" ?
in an other slot pci ?
or
the V2 8 meg is now the card with the output to the monitor ?

thks :)

In-ter-ac-tive :

skinnie

now the 8mb card is first..and connected to the 2d card with the cable..but I think the wrong textures was due to the non restarting of the system after taking of the tick from "disable SLi detection"

Nightbird

And now we would need a Creative Labs and a Diamond together.

In-ter-ac-tive :

aquasonic

we will see today :)! I am getting the creative card :)

aquasonic

It works smoothly :)! Midtown Madness II will work under 1024x768 with  fairly enough framerate. The only problem now is that i work with a Trident ISA vga (640x480@256 colours) and my eyes KILL me (i left the pc about 50' ago and i still feel dizzy). I must remove the TV card [:(]! But i don't care that much right now... I HAVE SLIIIIIII :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nightbird

@ aquasonic
Congratulations  :D
So skinnie with a STb Blackmagic 12m + a Creative 8mb in sli and now you with a Diamond 8 meg + a Creative Labs 12 meg.

We need to know if you did something "special", your drivers ...

edit :
QuoteThe only problem now is that i work with a Trident ISA vga
no possible to find a better 2D card ? you removed your S3 Trio ?

In-ter-ac-tive :

aquasonic

Thank you! :D Well i am not quite sure if it has worked... I used fast voodoo 4.6 as is. Some games run some not. For example Test Drive 4 runs great and support 1024x768 as mm2, but need for speed 4 crashes on startup when i select 3dfx, but runs at 1024x768 on D3D... How this come?