Need for speed Underground

Started by koper, 16 December 2003, 21:35:09

Previous topic - Next topic

amp_man

I think that it's running on your GF4, not the V2. As nightbird already stated, this game has no glide support, nor opengl, just direct3d.
When the sun goes down, the music turns up...

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card

regivoodoo

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I´m from Argentina.
Well, I have a PIII 800EB MHz, with 512Mb Ram, and ....(and here comes the star) a voodoo 4500 agp 32Mb. All this running over a Epox mother board 3spa3L. Al this is been controlled by WinXP SP2.

Any time I try to run Need for Speed Underground it happended to do :

A). Although I`ve tried from the originally drivers to the
  Amigarling 3.1SR I ONLY GET THE ALL SYSTEM RESTARTED.
  Only with SSFA beta release I could see and error label.
  It seems to be something wrong with the "3dfxvs.dll" file.
  I also tried 3DAnalyze with no results.

B). Only with the drivers got on microsoft I could see this:

Image Insert:

33.9 KB

Okey then, If there is someone how have ever had this sort of luck runnig NSU PLEASE....HELP ME WITH SOME OF YOUR MAGIC.
Since now thank for all fellows.

kaneda-san

microsoft driver for vsa-100 / xP edition ? wich driver is that ?
Powered by:
Pentium 2  350 Slot 1
3dfx Vodoo 4500 32 Vram Napalm AGP | OEM( L-Card )
64 MB ram pc 100 ;D

Nightbird

This is the driver that MS provides with XP.

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

regivoodoo

YES...MicroSoft knows about voodoo 4500/5500....
But...to tell you the true....I thougth you migth have tried this already???? I´ll has it mailed to you rigth away.

Don´t you think a possible solution for my problem???? Perhaps a patch or something like that. See you.

SuperFurryFurryThing

Its a driver problem, I have looked at this but havn't managed to fix this under XP although strangely enough it seems to work better under W2K with intermittent reboots rather than everytime, this is with a test driver though.

SFFT

SuperFurryFurryThing

Need for Speed Underground should work under XP with the next SFFT alpha release. It seems to work in DX7 Mode with the current driver the SFFT Alpha 19.

SFFT

ggab

i can´t get it to work...

* in dx8 mode, i get "blue screen" (with a 3dfxvs.dll error) after the loading logo screen
* in dx7 mode, it doesn't start/launch at all (the desktop/windows explorer stays...)

winXPsp2, nfsuDEMO, v4500, alpha19

SuperFurryFurryThing

I have seen it fail to start occasionaly but it usually starts a second time. I have fixed the BSOD under DX8 mode in the next driver. At least that is was happens on my XP test machine with the Alpha 19, it usually runs fine under W2k.

SFFT

Divvy

Hi guys,
This is my first post and I´m from Portugal. My english is very poor, so please forgive me my mistakes :)
What drivers I need to run Need For Speed Underground win XP with a Voodoo 5500?
Any sugestions?
I already tryed SFFT alpha 22. The game runs but blocks right away and returns to windows. Only appears the loading screen :(

SuperFurryFurryThing

Try running the game again, I find that it loads under XP the second time if it fails the first.

SFFT

Divvy

QuoteOriginally posted by SuperFurryFurryThing

Try running the game again, I find that it loads under XP the second time if it fails the first.

SFFT

I´ve tryed 5 times and get same problem ;(

ggab

execute set3title.exe (somewhere in the ZIP file), then Reboot the PC (maybe it can help......)

Rolo01

Or try to set your Voodoo5 to single chip mode...

Divvy

QuoteOriginally posted by ggab

execute set3title.exe (somewhere in the ZIP file), then Reboot the PC (maybe it can help......)

Dont work :(

QuoteOriginally posted by Rolo01

Or try to set your Voodoo5 to single chip mode...

Same problem...

Any more sugestions? :)