MesaFX installation Tutorials

Started by Glide, 27 March 2004, 15:37:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Glide

Hi guys,

if you are looking for help about MesaFX installation I ask reading these small but useful user guides:

- MesaFX with 3dfx Banshee/Voodoo3/Voodoo4/Voodoo5 cards

- MesaFX with 3dfx Voodoo2/Voodoo2 SLI cards

Good luck

;)

LW_Hearse

HI!

That's all fine and dandy but what does one do with those environment variables. Do they go in the registry? an ini file or what? Help me understand.

Thanks ~Hearse

dborca

QuoteOriginally posted by LW_Hearse

HI!

That's all fine and dandy but what does one do with those environment variables. Do they go in the registry? an ini file or what? Help me understand.

Thanks ~Hearse
Heheheh! They are environment variables. This means they have to be set either in AUTOEXEC.BAT or in a console window, like this:
   set THISISANENVVAR=thisisitsvalue
Or, create a .BAT file that sets them the way you want and then launches the game.

Remember only _SOME_ of them are scanned in registry (follow the notes)!

I know it's cumbersome. I was to create a Mesa Control Panel, but haven't got the time to finish it. Worst case, I'm thinking to fallback to a simple .INI file.

OTOH, I know someone who rewrote the 3dfxish Control Panel, maybe I'll incorporate all those vars into his work, I dunno.

Regards,
Daniel Borca

LW_Hearse

Ok!

Next question. I'm using APK3dfx Tuning Engine and it has a voodoo2 ini file editor. They don't go there. Right? So do they go in the registry under environment? I'm not sure how to make a autoexec.bat file as well.

I love tinkering with the V2's but much is beyond me . Anyway thanks in advance~

Hearse

dborca

QuoteOriginally posted by LW_Hearse

Ok!

Next question. I'm using APK3dfx Tuning Engine and it has a voodoo2 ini file editor. They don't go there. Right?
Only those that affect Glide can go there. Glide does parse that file.

QuoteSo do they go in the registry under environment?
Only some of them. :D

QuoteI'm not sure how to make a autoexec.bat file as well.

I love tinkering with the V2's but much is beyond me . Anyway thanks in advance~
Np!
Regards,
Daniel Borca

skinnie

To use mesafx for example in quake 3 must we select voodoo driver or default opengl?
MSI KT3/Athlon XP 2400+/2x256Mb OCZ BH5/3dfx Voodoo 3 3000 AGP

benna

default opengl driver,
for confirm watch the driver details
my PC:
AMD Athlon64 3200+ - ASUS K8V-Deluxe - 1GB DDR400 - 3DFX Voodoo 5 5500 PCI

3DAnalyze user guide http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/articles/template.php?id=5