Best 3DFX moments of your life

Started by Jules, 14 September 2007, 14:57:35

Previous topic - Next topic

PatrickCT

My 1st card was a V3 3k. We played UT at the office in s/ware mode, and couldn't believe our eyes when we saw it in 3d on the V3 !
Unreal, UT, Thief, Half Life, AvP, all looked great and played smoothly. These games were immersive, terrifying, incredible, beautiful and fun (if you've played them, you'll know what adjective applies to what game). After this, I bought a V5 5500, which is, imho, the Voodoo to get (unless you have $$$ to buy a V5 6k). Backwards compatible with all the older games, but more features and fillrate. many more games followed.

My_Spleen, I have a 1.4GHz P3 with a V5 500AGP. If your mobo is tualatin capable (most tualatin mobos only support 512mb RAM), then buy a 1.4Ghz 512L2 cache P3 for cheap from ebay. These CPU's rock (for their time). You'll get a significant performance increase (if not fill-rate limited) and they run much cooler than the coppermine 1GHz P3.

H-street

Most Memorable - Motoracer.

I tried it on the Matrox Mystique and it was ok, tried it on the Voodoo and i was blown away.. it was amazing how well the game played - plus the Orchid "Click" became synonymous with awesome! :)

Glide

Unreal Tournament with 3dfx Voodoo2 SLI, Unreal Tournament with 3dfx Voodoo3 3000, Unreal Tournament with 3dfx Voodoo5 5500, Unreal Tournament with 3dfx Voodoo5 6000. Yestarday, today and tomorrow, of course :)

Bye bye

Obi-Wan Kenobi

My best moment on my PC Flashed Voodoo5 5500 PCI Mac was when ps47 and I go DXX-rebirth running on it, now I can play my Descent 1 and 2 games with DXX-Rebirth on 3dfx lans also! It's idea and my best ever 3dfx  Voodoo5 experience, here is all the information of this great discovery:
http://x3dfx.yuku.com/topic/3006#.UA7SV6PyOE4