Is this a voodoo 4 4500 ?

Started by vixgold, 08 March 2007, 02:56:18

Previous topic - Next topic

vixgold

Im looking foward to buy a voodoo card and i found this one for a realy good price, but there wasnt much specifications... the guy who was selling said it is 32 Mb nad it is PCI as you can see on the picture, it is right the card i was looking for, except for the litle information... Does any one know anything about this card ?
Please it would very helpful any information.[|)]

here another picture:

Thanks a lot! :D

Image Insert:

20.56 KB

Image Insert:

81.69 KB

Rolo01

Second pic is broken, but the first one shows a V4-4500 PCI.

vixgold

Thanks im glad to know that [^]
Are you sure dont you?

here the second picture:

Image Insert:

81.68 KB

Rolo01

Yes, I am sure.
But please dont run that card without a fan, the stock heatsink will become much too hot...

vixgold

Ok, i will get a fan, can you sugest me something?
I was thinking about some OC... with a good fan the card will handle it?

Thank you for the help im realy happy now :)

secretfj

If you wanna do OC, then u have to make major change on the GPU's Cooling System....
i've got a Voodoo 4 4500PCI some times ago, and i can run it at 190MHz with a huge HSF
the coolermaster coolviva (it can fits on the V4 PCI with its adjustable retention mechanism)
http://www.ap0calypse.com/showthread.php?t=1283
No way a 3DFX collector...just a 3DFX die Hard Player~~

let the VooDoo Roars!!

P4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz
Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
2GB DDR2 667 DDRRAM
Voodoo 5 5500PCI

bassmark

I have a similar card, but mine has an additional DV out. Unfortunately it was made for MAC. Is there any way to flash the bios so it can be used in a PC? I already tried the flash utility and the 115PCI bios, booted from DOS, but it gives me an error... something about banshee or Voodoo3 not found in my system.
Can someone help me please?
Thanks in advance.

BM

Rolo01

I guess this problem is related to the flash program, you need one that doesnt check for V3 or Banshee.
Send me an email, I will then send you the flash program that worked for me along with the V4-4500 PCI/DVI Bios 1.18.

bassmark

Rolo, thank you very much for the program. It flashed my card's BIOS. However it seems that the board is damaged or something, because all I can see is some kind of zig-zagged mosaic stuff, and strange lines, nothing readable. I tried to change resolutions, install different driverrs, but all i'm getting is a very strange display, and then the blue screen.
Oh well, we tried. THanx again for your help.

BM