MesaFX

Started by PanoramixDruida, 07 October 2003, 14:09:05

Previous topic - Next topic

dborca

QuoteOriginally posted by ps47

the h second release has broken quake support for voodoo3,it gives an error message: choose pixelformat failed
envvars dont help..
hitman2 still wont run,problems with pixelformat too.
Yes, I know... [:(] read on... :D
Regards,
Daniel Borca

dborca

QuoteOriginally posted by bloodworm

@dborca and other developers,

People still don't get it! It's only me and Kool!

After doing some digging, I do not think that the Mesa.dll will be the appropriate place to do the S3tc compression routines (unless we ask first), BUT the 761 ICD (and it's addons ie. coulorless and rainbows ICD.dll interceptors)IS the correct and legal place to be doing the compression routines.
Yes, you're right! And Kool is right, too! No codec routine is implemented in Mesa. That's why sometimes you have it, sometimes you don't... [:p] Depends on other things. ;)
Regards,
Daniel Borca

dborca

Awwwwright, boyz & galz!

Here's "h" Third Release! Worms3D works now. Also Quake2 support is back for pre-Napalm core (V2, Banshee, Avenger).

Damn, I think my fate is sealed, bound to forever fix the windoze interface [:0]

As always, uploaded to my situ, and sent to 3dfxzone & FalconFly.
Also, I authorized batracio & osckhar to upload _MY_ binaries to http://www.voodoo3dfx.com/
I hope you won't disappoint me guys! ;)
Regards,
Daniel Borca

perer

ONLY TWO people WOW. I am impressed!!!!

I bow to you to ow programmers of MesaFX.
Start War and peace will be appreciated

dborca

QuoteOriginally posted by perer

ONLY TWO people WOW. I am impressed!!!!

I bow to you to ow programmers of MesaFX.
Uhmmm... we're only two in the 3dfx business (the 3dfx driver of Mesa, the Glide library and stuff). We're dealing with Mesa core issues, also! But the core is developed by many other people... the most important ones being BP and KW, but that's another story...
Regards,
Daniel Borca

ps47

yes sir!quake support is back and kicks azz again.but no luck with hitman2,still pixelformat error..

Ragnarok72

LOL.....I bet dborca planned to use the H(SR) pun from the beginning....</conspiracy_theory>

What's the status on the MesaFX control panel?  Is it going to be a completely separate utility than the 3Dfx Tools, or are you gonna try to integrate it into the Tools as a new "tab" or "page" on the dialog box?

Secondly, is there ANY possible way (perhaps via inf-editing?) to have MesaFX be stored in the system directory and have the games use it instead of the 0761 ICD?  For example, we place MesaFX in C:\Windows\System (or System32 for XP/2k), as "mesafx.dll", and have OpenGL games look for that instead of "3dfxogl.dll"?

PHOENIX

Release 0.51H TR gives awesome results on my old system (VIA MVP3, AMD K6-2 500, 3Dfx Banshee) : i got around 25 FPS in every game like RTCW. :)

Even Quake 3 Arena performs @ 25 FPS ! In fact, High Quality video setting appears to be faster. It sounds weird, but it's true. [:p]

Daniel & Koolsmoky you are simply the best ! Thanks for the hard work, the long hours spent to optimize code ! [8D]

Anyway i must report some bugs

Jedi Knight II : Jedi Outcast
Note: i play the demo
Intro screens are fixed, but if you load a saved game, you still see an inverted Raven loading screen

Quake 3 Arena
Note: i play the demo version 1.11
If environment variable MESA_FX_MAXLOD=9 is set, then intro screen is displayed without viewable animation

Regards

ggab

with mesafx-0.51h(TE) i have a question for dborca or koolsmoky:
the glide3x.dll from that zip is: 3.10.0.40404 436kb Dic 5 2003
and the other, from MesaFX 051e is 3.10.0.40404 328kn Jan 22 2004, why this newer file don't come with the lastest realese? it has some bugs? is correct to replace in system directory "3.10.0.30303" with the new 3.10.0.40404 436kb Dic 5 2003? all games seems to be all right...

dborca

@ggab
Well, in the "h" series, I forgo to make a complete build of Glide3x. That's why I reverted to an older version, cos I was too lazy to do another build.

@PHOENIX
Quake 1.11 is kinda buggy! Basically, it seems unable to handle the huge Mesa extension list. OTOH, as I already stated (a gazillion times), do NOT tamper with envvars unless you need to (that is, some apps don't work properly).
Regards,
Daniel Borca

milen

DBorca please put you Voodoo3 and look at the problems with this card, because almost everything expect quake2 and serious sam 2 crash with (unable to create pixle format). This happens only with Voodoo3. VoodooBanshee and Voodoo2 work both better. It's strange that when i disable the secdond TMU of Voodoo3 with envvars Neverwinter Nights didn't work right but with VoodooBanshee it's ok. Maybe mesafx is trying   to use some feature that voodoo3 didn't support but only napalm core.

georgebou

I can confirm that too. I get the error message
"Can't find a suitable pixel format", with some applications.
I've got a Voodoo3 only, so i can't tell about other 3DFX boards.

dborca

"some" applications? Thanks for the precise feedback! I'll fix it in "some" days.
Regards,
Daniel Borca

georgebou

I have posted again at page 12 of this forum a small example, that's why a said "some" applications. I didn't want to repeat myself.
I write again a link to a file that it can run OK with the default Amigasport 3.0 files, but with mesafx it reports the message "Can't find a suitable pixel format".
http://visuals.free.vovoid.com/vsx0433r.exe.
And to avoid some confusions. I don't advertise the site that contains the file. I't simply a small file that happened to have this problem and i thought it would be easy fo you to download.

I'm using Windows XP, Amigasport 3.0, Voodoo3 3000.

georgebou

Ok i found out what's wrong. The previous link doesn't work directly.
Use this link instead:
http://visuals.free.vovoid.com/vsx_download.e
and download the file VSX 0.433r.
It's only 90kb.
Sorry for the inconveniense.