Quantum3d Obsidian2 90-2440

Started by ComputerBooter, 05 November 2021, 07:38:01

Previous topic - Next topic

ComputerBooter

Does anyone have one of these Quantum3d Obsidian2 90-2440 cards that can help me figure out how to get it working?  Maybe it isn't possible, I just cant find much info about it.  Apparently these models came from Arcade cabinets so they do not have a VGA pass through, just a VGA out.

The card doesnt appear to be damaged and is recognized by windows98se but I cannot for the life of me get it to output. I am not sure I have the correct drivers and was hoping someone had this card and could help me get it set up.

The only thing I was able to get to happen was that when I launch unreal I can get it to set to "Glide" but what happens is the game launches and I can hear the sound but only a blank windowed mode game pops up.  If I hit Alt+Enter then the game pops up windowed on my primary graphics card ouput and it doesnt look quite right, it will not output onto the secondary monitor.

I have been unable to get the Quantum 3d control panel to appear in the display settings, and I have tried multiple drivers including the voodoo2 reference drivers, fast voodoo, and the quantum3d obsidian 2 drivers I could find.  

Any clues?

ciacara

Hi ComputerBooter and welcome to 3dfxzone.it.
I believe your q3d card is not very common, but we will try to help you out anyway to solve your problem.
Your q3d, not having a VGA pass through, needs a dedicated monitor, a monitor for the main video card and a monitor for the q3d video card connected at the same time, and this seems to me you did.
From bios you have to select the agp port as the main display, if you are using an agp main video card.
You have to do a thorough cleaning of all files installed by the various drivers and in the registry. For this job you could use the q3d software that you find in the original drivers.
For the rest we go by step after you have checked and executed the things I wrote to you before.

See you.:)
I am sorry for my English ;) :D