3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~

Home  ~  Profile  ~  Register  ~  Active Topics  ~  Members  ~  Search  ~  FAQ  ~  3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo4/5 Setup and tweaking
 Voodoo 4 4500 WinXP driver problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JosiasMartins
Novice

Brazil

8 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2020 :  16:32:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have a Voodoo4 4500 PCI and i have some problems with driver on WinXP SP3.

I have tested Amigamerlin, SFFT and 3dhq with some errors as listed bellow:

SFFT 1.9: Is the more stable driver for DIRECTX and have the best performence, but, games Glide not work (NFS5 and NFS4 no starts, buffer error - No enough video memory). OpenGL and Direct 3D games work fine and windows is very stable.

Amigamerlin 3.0 - Glide games starts, but i have OpenGL bugs e some Windows unstability (BSOD).

Amigamerlin 3.1 R11 - Same 3.0 + Direct3D bugs (color deph stay in 16bits even if I try to change to 32 ).

3dhq - Glide games no starts and direct3d games cause BSOD.

I have tested the card into WIN98 and he is fine. The computador i have to put then do not support Win98 (i tested into friend's PC).

Have a tip to solve this problems?

JosiasMartins
Novice

Brazil

8 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2020 :  20:01:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some news

I have tested the Glide3x provided by koolsmoky in version 3.10.00.2610 and are able to start the games with SFFT Driver. But, using da .30303 glide (the lastest version) i have the related bug.

Another issue is with the Glide Splash intro during starting of 3d environment. Using the .30303 i have the splash, but, using 2610, wont.

PS: The Splash Screen are activated into 3DFX Tools.
Go to Top of Page

JosiasMartins
Novice

Brazil

8 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2020 :  20:31:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Problem solved. I have reinstalled all of windows and installed a clean version of SFFT1.9 with the last version of GLIDE.

VOODOO 4 4500 its working fine!
Go to Top of Page

Glide
Web Admin

Napoli

30417 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2020 :  16:06:43  Show Profile  Visit Glide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi JosiasMartins,

you're welcome.

Many thanks to have shared your experience with the great graphics card Voodoo4 4500 PCI. I'm happy you have solved the issues, so now you can enjoy your 3dfx hardware with all graphics APIs .

See you soon.

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Join us! | 3dfxzone.it | hwsetup.it | forumzone.it
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

Search with Google

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents © 2001 - 2019 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine © Snitz Forums