dos 6.22 or win98se wont install

Started by baz101180, 19 February 2011, 13:52:31

Previous topic - Next topic

baz101180

I have a vx pro motherboard with mmx 233 cpu and 1.7 hdd drive. i upgrage cpu from 166 and chaged jupers on motherboard for cpu all works good. i had win me on it before so i formatted the hdd drive and fdisk it to fat16 and format hdd. now when i put dos 6.22 it hangs at starting ms dos. so i try win98se with boot disk and run setup it scans hdd and then gose on to next part and hangs. can someone pls help

rooket

Make sure to double check the jumpers and make sure the motherboard can support the 233 cpu and you're applying the proper voltage to it.

Also if you created your boot disks in Windows 2000 or above, that could cause issues as well.  I suggest creating a bootable CD for doing your installations or using original disks or floppies that were created with dos 5, 6.xx, or win9x/me.  Win2k kernel and above take full control over the floppy drive from BIOS and I've had it do some really strange stuff to files.  This is not very well documented on the web.  Which is why I keep a Win9x box handy and also has a P233mmx cpu inside it for voodoo1 gaming.