Indiana Jones Emp. Tomb on Voodoo 4 with MesaFX ?

Started by Longu, 12 January 2005, 18:58:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Longu

Is it possible to run Play Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb on Voodoo 4 with MesaFX ?
Voodoo 4 4500, Windows XP, AMD Athlon 1.33Ghz, 20GB hdd, 256mb DDRAM 333MHz.

r21vo

if it supports opengl then it should ;)
i'll check out..

3dfx tricks, tests and wallpapers

3dfx.rule.lv

SuperFurryFurryThing

So fas as I am aware it is a DirectX game. It ran using the Software TnL option under the last 3dfx drivers for Win98, although I think it had problems. It doesn't work using 3da because it runs a little exe program syscheck.exe I think its called to check the DirectX caps. 3da only reports false caps to the game exe so the game still finds no TnL caps reported by checksys. I think that this is what is happening with armed and dangerous aswell, which seems to use checksys.exe aswell. It might be worth looking for a hacked checksys.exe to see if it can be made to work using 3da.

SFFT

r21vo

just checked that game - indeed it's a d3d game..
it requires hardware transform and lighting, 3danalyzer doesn't work because ir calls LecSetup.dll (it's easy to see those functions in exports list of that dll) which checks adapters capabilities. syscheck is just for manual testing and it's easy to cheat that one with 3danalyze.

3dfx.rule.lv

SuperFurryFurryThing

So in principle it should be possible to chain calls to the dll, and frig things that way. Has anyone done this.

SFFT

r21vo

3dfx.rule.lv

algeeba

Even though I'm using Win98 to play Emperors Tomb I had to use 3D-analyze to get the game working. The 3D-Analyze version I'm using is 2.16a and I enabled "emulate HW TnL caps" and "emulate cube maps".  If I didn't enable "emulate cube maps" the game would freeze on the first level.  The path that 3D-Analyze is using is- Emperors Tomb/Game Data\bin\indy.exe. I'm also using the no-cd patch.

------------------------------------------
Athlon XP-M 2500+ @ 2.3 GHZ
ABIT NF7-S Rev 2.0
512 MB Crucial memory
Win98 SE w/W2K dual boot
Directx 9.0b
Aureal Vortex 2 PCI sound card
Voodoo5 5500 PCI

r21vo

just tried to run game on win98se - no luck :/
game starts when i set Geometry Assist (T&L emulation) Enabled in 3dfx tools, but crashes with error message: the specified module cannot be found. Test was done on v3-3000 with amigamerlin 2.9 drivers.

Edit: same error with latest x3dfx and Xpentor drivers..

3dfx.rule.lv

Parsifall

Where can I find this hacked checksys.exe, or is there anything else that would get this game working?