SFFT alpha drivers - V3/4/5 - Join to Testing

Started by Glide, 22 May 2004, 17:02:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Raff3DC

Hmm ...
Try a reinstall of the driver. My Voodoo3 runs fine with UT, the Voodoo5 too.

Greetings,
Raff
The biggest Voodoo5 6000 test ever: http://3dcenter.de/artikel/voodoo5-6000/

ggab

:) i hope Paul (sfft) is ok in england (family and friends too)

that fu**ing terrorist's attack in london.......

Rick1

Rick1

I have an update to it, It starts minimized but it seems that Glide is active minimized, i cant make it maximized thou, any more tips are very very welcome

ps47

weird error.try reinstalling the driver (make sure to load it via the device manager)..you can try unpacking this archive to your windows/system32 folder as well.

Rick1

Nope, Those things dont work, i dont know if this is it thou: Glide.dll from Unreal tournement itself. maybe it is that? I dont think so thou, couse with amigesprot 3.0 it works all but after ten mins playing it gets stuck.

hope u can further help me with more solutoins :S

ps47

if you have glide files in your UT folder,delete them.

Rick1

doesnt work, Its called GlideDRV.dll

ps47

hmmm.first,make sure you have a file named glide2x.dll in your windows/system32 folder (should be over 200KB large).second,unindtall UT,delete the UT folder,and install UT again.see if fresh install displays the same error.

Rick1

its there and the reinstall didnt work but i asked on IRC and someguy he said he would tweaket my ini and now woth Tactical Ops i play D3D 200+ FPS :) I just need it for Unreal Tournement now.(the tweaky thing) but cant find some1 who did that, TO has other ini then UT (yes its similar but there is a difference) so i wont do it myself since i never did it. Thanks for your efforts anyway for helping me, i will be just asking round and maybe even u can do it if u have UT?

Raff3DC

Did you try the latest official patch to version 4.36 or the unofficial one to 4.51?

Greetings,
Raff

Rick1

I have 436, but its the INI, i wont update to 4.51 since there is this bug wich some servers wont let me join in, i need some1 who could be tweaking the ini

Raff3DC

Concerning WoW @ Alpha 32:

This "wallhack" occurs in every instance, on both Voodoo3 and 5.

When leaving it, the error "attacks" the whole world (which is usually bugfree):

Would it be possible to fix that? The texturing problems don't disturb that much. :D

Greetings,
Raff

Vanilias Ronk

SFFT drivers don't have usable glide2x, it's a wrapper only, it translates glide2x commands to glide3x. It doesn't work with most games (unlike UT :) ), you should try to replace default file with another from any win2k driver. (latest offical, AmigaSport 3.0...)

Vanilias Ronk

I have a little change, Flatout runs fine until the pilot fly out the car, then all textures (expect trak's) looses colours, turns to black&white. I don't like black&white. ;)