SFFT alpha drivers - V3/4/5 - Join to Testing

Started by Glide, 22 May 2004, 17:02:06

Previous topic - Next topic

m14radu

All clear goriath !
I will do the test asap.
I hope that now on the Easter days i will find some time for my 3dfx passion [:p]
Follow your dreams !

mhanor

Does anyone uses the 1920x1080 resolution? My Dell U2212HM monitor doesn't autoadjust correctly when I'm using my Voodoo4 4500 AGP card. There are black bars on the left and on the right of the picture. The monitor autoadjust correctly when I connect it to a more recent video card (AMD HD6850).

sirkoz

QuoteOriginally posted by mhanor

Does anyone uses the 1920x1080 resolution? My Dell U2212HM monitor doesn't autoadjust correctly when I'm using my Voodoo4 4500 AGP card. There are black bars on the left and on the right of the picture. The monitor autoadjust correctly when I connect it to a more recent video card (AMD HD6850).
That is because the Radeon has DVI output (=digital) so that adjustment is automatic; for the older VGA (=analog) connetion, you have to do it manually - if 1920x1080 (widescreen) resolution is even included in Voodoo's drivers.

m14radu

I install today the SFFT sofware suite :)
Again a very good job SFFT !

Angry Birds : Error message in single chip mode.

Blade of Darkness - the game didn't start..

Flatout - no AA - texture errors. The game runs well..

Flatout - 2xAA - no texture errors. The game is playble.

Flatout - 4xAA - no texture errors. The game is not playble. Print screen function is not working. The games look awensome, but is very very slow....

I got a very nice score on 3DMark2001 !
Please notice that the score in with the card running @normal PCI bus speed, 33Mhz. No pci2pcie adapter was used.

It would be interesting to see what is the speed increase if the card would run @66Mhz :)
Follow your dreams !

Glide

- m14radu: again many, many thanks for your feedbacks.

I've just a small question for you. Which driver settings did you have customized for these tests?

Bye bye

m14radu

I used the default settings of the driver.
The SFFT driver vers 1.9 seems to be the best choice for win7 :D

Thanks SFFT !
Follow your dreams !

Glide

m14radu

I did a lot of test with the SFFT voodoo Tools, and im missing the "default settings" button.
Is it possbile to add it ?

Additionaly, i would suggest to merge the following two applications:
SFFT Configurator
SFFT Voodoo Tools

It would be easyer to have only one application with all options :D
Btw. the SFFT Voodoo Tools instal itself in the task bar, but is not working when i click on it ( yellow with black symbol in the task bar ). No window shows up.
I have to run the shortcut from my desktop of the SFFT Voodoo Tools.

I also miss the option for resoltion change, Refresh rate option...implementing the new resolution in the resolution tab, like 1650x1080 would be amazing !
Follow your dreams !

m14radu

@goriath: I install and launch quake3 timedemo in loop as you told me.
The sistem hang after about 24 minutes, i did the test 2 times.
I get an error image, lines and broken texture -> only a hard reset helps.

Sorry it tooks me so long [8)]
Follow your dreams !

goriath

QuoteOriginally posted by m14radu

@goriath: I install and launch quake3 timedemo in loop as you told me.
The sistem hang after about 24 minutes, i did the test 2 times.
I get an error image, lines and broken texture -> only a hard reset helps.

Sorry it tooks me so long [8)]

I know exactly what you mean.

I found to be a problem of the glide libraries, to be precise the glide3x.dll that comes with the driver.

The blinking black lines in the game menu seem to be due to Mesa 6.3 instead.

m14radu

@SFFt: i notice that some video files are played rotated. ( up side down )

Is there an option ?

I could'n find !

Follow your dreams !

jix-reggio

Hello, I would like to use this version
It's a prayer to SFFT ...

In the First dawn semo, the little fairy was looking at that :

:D

m14radu

nice ideea !
I like it,but the picture must change itself automatically according to the card that is present in the sistem :)
Let's hope the SFFT hear our requests.
Follow your dreams !

Glide

About the Dawn demo, that is a very nice look for the fairy :)

Bye bye

osckhar

Hello,

I detected an important behaviour in the driver when agp2pci is enabled. A lot of problems comes from C2D. Same motherboard with an intel PIV cpu and agp2pci the 6k is ok rendering games. When I use any C2D cpu (Q6600, e4200, e8400) grames freezes. System can handle during some times the game when DDI is set 8  but it freezes later 3-4 minutes.  This behaviour vanished using news system based on socket 1155 and 1366. Using socket 775 only works ok using a single intel Piv.

SFFT- would be possible if you build am O/C tool setting speed 'on fly'? Using news systems (1155 or 1366) is not possible to use VSA100 o/c SW from Kool.

Thanks,
Oscar.