Voodoo5 6000 Motherboard recommendations?

Started by neurocrash, 23 December 2008, 00:45:06

Previous topic - Next topic

skinnie

QuoteOriginally posted by neurocrash

BIOS Update did not help...  I've gone back to the V5 5500 for testing.  I got a 5500 driver to install, and everything looks okay in 2D but as soon as I launch a 3D application (about 10-20 seconds) the system hangs.  Maybe I've got to change some AGP setting in the BIOS, or perhaps this board is defective?

I've run a CPU burn-in test, memory test, and hard disk test - each of those pass with no problems.

Thanks!

and for example with another agp card?what happens?
it seems me more like something memory related,what tests did you ran?
try runing a few hours of prime95
because for example,my systems passes memtest but it doesn't even boot to windows..lol
MSI KT3/Athlon XP 2400+/2x256Mb OCZ BH5/3dfx Voodoo 3 3000 AGP

neurocrash

Nevermind... This Epox board is definitely defective - probably due to bad/bulging capacitors.  I replaced it with a ASUS board that seems to be running properly with the 5500 at least.

Thanks!

neurocrash

Okay, I got another board, this time, a SOYO KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum Edition.  After testing with the 5500 with no problems, I switched to the 6000 and everything is working quite well.  I'm running an Athlon XP 2600+ in this system.

Since someone asked, here are photos of my 6000

http://home.roadrunner.com/~neurocrash/photos.html

I added heat sinks to the ram chips, and the power connectors to the board.

Cheers!

Obi-Wan Kenobi

QuoteOriginally posted by neurocrash

Okay, I got another board, this time, a SOYO KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum Edition.  After testing with the 5500 with no problems, I switched to the 6000 and everything is working quite well.  I'm running an Athlon XP 2600+ in this system.

Since someone asked, here are photos of my 6000

http://home.roadrunner.com/~neurocrash/photos.html

I added heat sinks to the ram chips, and the power connectors to the board.

Cheers!
hey man!  Great to hear your V6K is working I did have a look at your pics and she does look healthy as far I could tell :)

You have been added by myself to the Functional cards list as to the world total V6K lists, you can view them over here:
http://www.voodoo3dfx.com/Foro_V6k/viewtopic.php?t=122

Feel free to also become a member of that page Osckhar and I created ;)
And if you need any help by configurating your V6K machine just PM me or send me an email and you surely will be rescued from your worries ;)