OpenGL problems with AmigaMerlin 3.0 XP Drivers

Started by NitroX infinity, 11 September 2003, 10:33:53

Previous topic - Next topic

dborca

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve

dborca, Anim8or does not have to have 24bpp.  When calling ChoosePixelFormat() and asking for 24bpp Windows will return the closest match.  If there are no 24bpp formats but there are 32bpp or 16bpp formats then one of those will be returned.

Yes, probably, but the Win32 interface is out of my sight :D

Regards,
Borca Daniel
Regards,
Daniel Borca

bloodworm

Bloody Mess

bloodworm

Yes, the 761 ICD will not open up more than one window at a time.  this I have only found out after hundreds of fruitless attempts to get Neverwinter nights (an openGL 1.2 game) to display the title screens AND the game during the same run.  If I run the desktop at a greater resolution (same bit depth) than the game will be eventually running, the game will come up, but the title screens are blacked out.  I believe that this is due to the fact that the 761 ICD will not run more than one window at a time.  can you run Anim8or in a smaller resolution than the desktop is running?
Bloody Mess

qrazi

hmmmmz, so, if you try neverwinter nights with an older ICD, the one which works with anim8or, would it then work?

if not, perhaps the MESA files will solve some problems with neverwinternights

ECS K7s5a@ 147 MHz, Athlon XP 1600+@1825+, Voodoo5 5500 @166 MHz, 512mb pc3200

koolsmoky

QuoteYes, the 761 ICD will not open up more than one window at a time. this I have only found out after hundreds of fruitless attempts to get Neverwinter nights (an openGL 1.2 game) to display the title screens AND the game during the same run. If I run the desktop at a greater resolution (same bit depth) than the game will be eventually running, the game will come up, but the title screens are blacked out. I believe that this is due to the fact that the 761 ICD will not run more than one window at a time. can you run Anim8or in a smaller resolution than the desktop is running?
The 761 ICD is capable of rendering to more than one window at a time. AFAIK, it just has problems handling child windows. I haven't checked whether the problem stems from the ICD itself or from Glide.

KoolSmoky

bloodworm

Hmmmm.  I do get glide errors when running the toolset, but the toolset keeps on a chuggin and doesn't crash to desktop.  just a popup and a click to get through it.
Bloody Mess