y bother?

Started by poooooo, 03 May 2005, 00:35:52

Previous topic - Next topic

bloodworm

My voodoo rush did more for my gaming experience than any "new" card I have bought since.  in fact, the latest and greatest Nvidia cards are just NOW beginning to show some features that the VOODOO cards had way back when.  Anyone remember when you first ran quake III networked with friends on a Voodoo card? and the ammo firing from the gun flying down the hallways lighted up the walls around it and followed the ammo as it went (a glide function to be sure)?  all my friends were like OOOOH and AAAAHHH, the next week, everyone went out and bought the new V2's and one upped me AGAIN (damn them :0)  way better than the 2D cards we had to work with back then I'll tell yaa!.  And even today, I see this exact "feature" in the games just now creeping back into the new fangled direct3d hardware stuff.
Bloody Mess

Fitter

I realize that this is an old posting but can't help but comment.
I am new to your forum but not to VooDoo, and myself appreciate the work the guys keeping our so called relics alive are doing. I myself still run VooDoo's from the original Monster 3D, straight through a V5-5500 including a velocity 100 running on windows 3.11& NT 3.51. (5 old computers total running just about every version of windows+ some linux)
I guess I'm showing my age there, and would love to get my hands on a working V5-6000 and put it to use.(just don't trust eBay! for this one)

So to Amigamerlin, Hank Semenec, and all the others helping to keep our old relics alive, I Salute You and much appreciated Thanks!

Who do the VooDoo like you do?

Obi-Wan Kenobi

well can't say that people shouldn't trust ebay for a Voodoo 5 6000, since many people that have one got thiers from ebay and some others like me bought them internally via 3dfx boards :)

3dfx Rules, 3dfx means life to me and to many others here, it even helped me clear my mind from the past.
3dfx works like a medication for me, the fun of us'n such legendary hardware is that it still works without hitches and other strange problems I thank all the peopl that run the boards, make the drivers and even fix the cards without you people the 3dfx world would of been a much lonlier place.

The Force ture Shines in your hearts!!

Just bought 6 boxed 3dfx cards the last 3 days for total 480 euro's , I could of bought an ATi X1900 CrossFire card, but they are nothing but mass prduction stuff   so the following cards made me go for them instead [:P]

3dfx Voodoo 5 5500 AGP USA Sealed from Osckhar Espana
3dfx Voodoo 5 5500 PCI USA Sealed from Osckhar Espana
dfx Voodoo MAC 5500 PCI Euro Boxed from ebay United States of America
3dfx Voodoo 5 5500 PCI Euro Boxed from ebay U.K.
3dfx Voodoo 3 3000 AGP USA Boxed from ebay United States of America
Supertech Voodoo3 3000 AGP Boxed from ebay Belgium

3dfx for EVA my friends for EVA!! 3dfx still lives within us! and no other brand fan boy will stop us from do'n so, they will only be evaded and ignored.[}:)]
Powered By The Force, x-3dfx & The Jedi Academy

Voodoo5

Playing glquake on my newly purchased voodoo video card is the single greatest PC experience I have ever had, for the first time I really became attached to a hardware company and the direction they were taking graphics on the PC, and I have been a fan ever since!

Hail 3dfx :D

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Great words Voodoo5 great words mate ;) w00t!

3dfx shall always envy us fans and it will always shine in our hearts deeply.